Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#10089 02/27/06 03:17 PM
OBTW Offline OP
OP Offline
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been working on a intermitten problem with a 40 port AVST NT Server voicemail system problem . It is release 6.1 or higher software and is intergrated with a Mitel Sx2000 Lightware 33.3 dnic intergration ss430 .Intermittenly during the day callers dialing in get answered by the call processor assigned to that DID . Once answered they choose option 1 or 2 or 3 and vm does a blind transfer to the appropriate ACD group . Most of the time the callers either get answered by an agent or listen to the RAD message . Once in a while the callers hear "one moment please" then MOH and wind back up in the generic vm greeting "welcome to" answer mode call processor . The ACD agent hears a single burst of ring tone and the call disappears . I came in early one morning last week and tested all 40 ports and could not duplicate the problem .
Today I got a call it was happening again . Dial in on the DID vm answered I dailed option 1 and I went back to the generic answer mode call processor . I tried another DID I knew was answered by the same voicemail and used a call processor to transfer to a differnt ACD group and had the same problem . After looking at differnt settings I tried both numbers over and over and could not get it to fail . It must be traffic related but do you tech's think it's a AVST issue or a Mitel Issue . The site is answered by 4 PRI CKTS . Digital stats show no errors on the PRI'S. Both vendors tech support have been of little help.

A few more details to add this system has been working fine until recently . The vm server has been rebooted twice and the Mitel does daily activity switches . Maint logs on both systems show no errors other than Tivoli errors on the vm system . I think I will post this in the Mitel forum also . Macgyver looking for some trouble shooting direction from you ,Ed and the other pros on this forum .

I posted here also just in case you don't look at the Mitel forum . This can be deleted if you all do look at the Mitel forum

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#10090 02/27/06 03:25 PM
Online Content
I have seen this on other systems. I wonder if the ACD group starts queing calls it issues a busy signal to show the group is full and queing. Could the voicemail be reading a fast busy and not completing the call?

#10091 02/27/06 04:15 PM
OBTW Offline OP
OP Offline
I also thought about fast busy/reorder tones so I put all agents in makebusy called in listening to the rad message , called in quickly again and got ringing. when the rad was idle I went to it . I also thought it might me an intermitten issue with the double ring tone Mitel sends back on a xfered trunk call . So I changed the sys parameters to send back standard ring tone . Did not help . I am missing something in my trouble shooting direction .

#10092 02/27/06 05:28 PM
OBTW Offline OP
OP Offline
I have also disabled the RILO card And the TIVOLI apllication in the vm server . I also disabled the UM fuction after the above failed to stop the intermitten issue fron happening . Still reoccured so I turned the apps back on and enabled the RILO card once again .

#10093 03/01/06 03:54 AM
OBTW Offline OP
OP Offline
Problem solved yesterday

#10094 03/01/06 05:42 AM
OBTW Offline OP
OP Offline
It turned out to be an issue with the Mitel . One of our techs had turned on SMDR file transfer option about 3 weeks ago . Well he deleted the SMDR file collection schedule from our OPS-MAN server but did not turn off the file transfer in the SX2000 . So when traffic got heavy and the SMDR files got very large . The processor in the Mitel would lose sanity trying to get OPS-MAN to collect the files . Once I deletd the existing files in the SX2000 and turned that option off I could no longer make any call xfers from vm fail after 3 hours of testing . Before I could make about 1 calls in 20 fail .

I just wanted to add this was a problem we brought on ourself's and not a system flaw .

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,761 Shoretel
188,960 CTX100 install
187,197 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Coral Tech), 105 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024