web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
At least that is what I heard on the conf call this week. New "server" platform with up to 1000 users at same site, Aura software options, and stuff like that.

In my opinion they missed the boat. I would ask- how about easy admin for 10 or 20 stations? I once read that about 70 percent of all sales opportunities is in the 10 phone and under marketplace.

How about some ways to sell and install a 10 phone or 20 phone system faster and better without SD card issues or bugs or need for patches?

Is my opinion here unique? What say you?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

The challenge with "faster install" is that we want to retain flexibility. The basic mode (aka Partner mode) goes in VERY quickly - you can virtually let it go with default programming. But it doesn't do much. One solution that we use is to configure via Excel spreadsheet then import. This makes copy/paste very quick and easy.
SD card troubles have mostly gone away. Bugs and patches are on every system I've installed in the past 20 + years. The more complex, the more possibility for a bug. 1A2 had very few bugs... It is true that other manufacturers seem to have fewer issues - but it also seems that those systems have less flexibility and fewer features. So, like many things in life, it is a trade-off.

IPO in essential mode , release 8.0.16 with one or two ATM combo is a good system for 10-20 users . IMHO, it has great price ( free 2 embedded VM channel , decent autoattendant , time schedule etc ) which we had been installed like crazy for the last 3 months. Once we train our customers to use the Call Park instead of using the old line appearance, they are quite happy with it. We've came from a 100% Norstar shop but we found it is not that hard to program the IPO , even with only the IP sets environment. ARS , SC, PRI setting is basically all ready to go right out of the box .

We've tried and honestly , quite disappointed with Partner / Norstar / Basic mode with IPO. It is quite too bare . Once customers need some more crazy call flow set up, we ran into a brick wall with this mode while essential give us much much more way to work out a solution.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Lets not forget FLARE will apply to the sub 100 market. And from an Avaya standpoint, now we are using an IP Softphone that is our own and not re-branded Counterpath product.
Sure, its only FLare, but it has a few things that the Enterprise people can not do with Flare. (act as phone OR in conjunction with phone)

We finally will get the blue-tooth enabled and functional on the 9641...
Minimum password length has been added to VM Pro.

*** Avaya Audio branding has been reduced, and in some cases eliminated.***** (THANK GOD)

SSL VPN for remote access. Yes this will take a virtual server at the BP Office, but is an answer for the basic and Essnetial installs with need for remote access.

New clients for One-X Mobile ESSENTIAL for Android and Blackberry.

Food for thought...

OP Offline
Mongo-
Since 70% of the market is about 15 stations or under, tell me what on 8.1 would I sell to my price sensitive 8 phone dentist office when going up against an allworks or verticel or xblue? 8 stations, all they want is intercom, music, and hold, and speed dial. And quality. I got that to offer. They have a tight budget. Should I ditch avaya and pick up a good key system? If so what?
I want my PARTNER ACS back.. I could sell 100 a year to every tire shop, accountant, and resturuant in the area. We dont need FLARE with my customers.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
SO, I'll turn the question back to you. What features do you need that IP Office in Essential Mode can not do for that dentist office?

If you want Basic mode, you get key system functionality, but it is emulated, not designed that way.

Right on, everyone wants Partner ACS back. Hey, I want the 3810 back, but coulldnt get Uniden to make anymore circuit boards for the phones anymore.
I liked the M16, but technology found ways to make it operate easier, and now you have the M4. Its progress.

The Partner mode would be fine IF they fixed the problems, had a messaging system that was at least equal to the Partner Messaging R8 and made it as easy to upgrade as the ACS, not take hours as it does now. It would also be nice if you could pull the plug and not worry about something getting corrupted. UPS's don't last forever and you can't expect someone to be around to shut the system down.

I liked the M16, but technology found ways to make it operate easier, and now you have the M4. Its progress.

Yeah, I liked the ACS and now we have the IPO. It may be progress but it ain't easier.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by shootkevin:
Mongo-
Since 70% of the market is about 15 stations or under, tell me what on 8.1 would I sell to my price sensitive 8 phone dentist office when going up against an allworks or verticel or xblue? 8 stations, all they want is intercom, music, and hold, and speed dial. And quality. I got that to offer. They have a tight budget. Should I ditch avaya and pick up a good key system? If so what?
I want my PARTNER ACS back.. I could sell 100 a year to every tire shop, accountant, and resturuant in the area. We dont need FLARE with my customers.
throw in my two cents.. I can price compete with Vertical no problem because I have less issues and less programming time...I know this first hand! I don't know enough about All-worx and X-blue, but my understanding is that they only do IP phones. I can install digital phones in a dentist office cheaper than IP phones....

Matt.... I too liked the M-16, espcially the A2 model.. It would be my weapon of choice any day! ah..but I digress!

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
Mongo- my post was that 8.1 appeared to offer nothing new for the small market. Although I vented on a few other issues, my post was to start a discussion to see if I missed anything. Does the new release 8.1 offer anything new for the 10 station dentist office or other small, price sensitive market place? Just wanted to see if I missed anything on this release.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Nothing that directly affects the sub 10 market.
Some SIP enhancements, and CDR, but nothing new in regards to a feature set.

Sort of the same thing in r7, when it was all about the Nortel integration.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, James D.), 122 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024