Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
If you need adult supervision with this one Ed,......... give me a shout. smile

Another thing you may want to keep in mind,........ how is the equip providing company programing the system?
Are they sending you an e-mail with the config?......... If so, you are going to have 2 to 3 hours (depending on the number of phones) worth of time upgrading the C/U and uploading the current firmware to the phones that needs to be done before the cut over date.

Glad your getting your feet wet with IPO,....... I think you will find it to be a feature rich and rock solid system.
If we can be of any help, please let us know.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I think Ed believes that they can just remote into the system like the Vodavi.

Glad your getting your feet wet with IPO...

Better bring your boots... and raincoat.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Gotcha Hal. Everything that you alerted me to came true, but I did finally get it installed on my netbook. Now as for the other laptops that I left downloading as I left the office today.......

God will be with me on that.

I just can't believe how complex this system's management software is. Hell, most of my stuff can still be addressed directly via a typical terminal program, as are many. Sure, most have some GUI programs, but one that requires 1.4GB? Seriously?

Mike, from what I've seen so far, they pre-programmed the system for us. We hooked it up without the PRI connected and it behaves as it should. Keep in mind that it is a system with only four 14XX phones. The PRI is pretty much stripped of most channels so that they can use most for an MPLS setup. We don't quite know what they're doing with the router, so it is anyone's guess.

Oh and yes, Mr. Daniel: We CAN remote into our Vodavi systems and maintain full control of all programming/maintenance/trace functions via any commercially-available terminal programs, such as ProComm, Hyperterminal, etc. Throttle back, Mister!

Somehow I knew that you would chime in to bust my balls at some point, but I beat you this time! :p

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Not trying to bust anything Edward, just offering a helping hand if needed.

Later,

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Oh I know, Mike. Everything downloaded fine and I've been tinkering with it a bit this morning. So far, so good. Thanks very much for the offer to assist. Hopefully, everything will go fine and this will all just be a false alarm.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
It will. If Hal can do it anyone can do it. :rofl:

And my favorite:

Have you called an Avaya BP?
:dance:

I'll be here all week, folks.

Originally posted by EV607797:
Now as for the other laptops that I left downloading as I left the office today.......

[/QB]
FYI for next time, you can download the file once and put it on a server or some common drive - then install across your local network. Saves a considerable amount of time compared to downloading from Avaya multiple times...

+1

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
You can just copy the whole folder to another computer rather than install every time. It is not bound to the registry so you can place it anywhere you wish. All you have to do is change the store folder location in the app itself so it can find the bin files. I keep 4 versions on my laptop for 5, 6, 7 and 8

I keep 4 versions on my laptop for 5, 6, 7 and 8 [/QB]
Why? Except for a recent R7/8 issue with analog line settings and managing very old systems, all versions of Manager are backward compatible. I keep old .bin files, but not the whole suite.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 152 guests, and 212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024