Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#102263 10/26/01 08:34 AM
Mike Offline OP
OP Offline
I am not a telephone guru so bear with me and I will see if I can explain my problem well enough.

We have a Mitel SX200 switch that the T-1 card will have errors on it saying it has lost sync / clocking source. This will happen for less than a minute and then it will synch and start working again. When this happens any and all calls on this T-1 line will drop off. We recently changed long distance carriers so a new T-1 line has been installed. This problem was happening with our previous long distance carrier and they could not figure it out. Is there any kind of daignostics to run on this switch or card to determine if it is the card itself.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
The not in sink sounds like it's your provider (the company you get the T1 service from) It's slipping and then sinking back up.
Now your provider can check it and they will usually say it's not their problem but then the problem will mysteriously disappear (which means they fixed it). I would report the problem to your provider and make them find it.

Good Luck

I agree with Test-Ok, usually this points to the carrier. The easiest way to test it is to replace the T-1 card. Is the T-1 plugged into the switch directly from a smart jack or NI? Check the cables to the T-1 via any cross-connect or jack. Has this happened since day one of the T-1 install? Make sure the provider tests the T-1 from the smart jack or NI to the Central Office, that can save you some time, make sure the circuit is good to begin with before you start trouble shooting. Good Luck!

Mike Offline OP
OP Offline
The switch is not located in the same room as the smart jack from the local service provider. I have had the local service provider test from their central office all the way to the Mitel switch. They did not see any problems. They had been watching the circuit( they claim )for 4 days ( in which the problem occured )and they saw nothing happen. Our long distance carrier saw something happen but could not determine where the problem is.
Are their any special tests to ask my local service provider to run ? I have asked them to run test for about an hour but they are not willing to do so. The longest they have tested is about 10 minutes. I do have an Adtran CSU ACE installed in between the smart jack and the switch. I have not been able to catch the problem in action when it occurs, but I do know the Adtran has not helped. Does anybody know the cost of replacing the T-1 card. The part # is 9109-021-000-SA.

Thanks, Mike

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Don't buy a new card. What you want to do is
get an advance replacement on the repair of that card. You will pay the repair cost plus an advance replacement charge. Most repair houses will do that for you, but most people just aren't aware of this. I use Teletronics in Calif., ask for Jeff B. & explain your problem. 800-543-1023. Hope this helps.

You stated that the T-1 has been replaced. Was the new T-1 installed on new cable pairs from telco? If not ask your service provider to have a TDR test on the line to look for line drops. Are you using cat5 cable to feed T-1 circuit to the telephone system? And if your carrier see an issue it may be the DAX that the service is coming through.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,268 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 66 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024