web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#102621 03/18/04 10:21 AM
OP Offline
We are currently running a 3300 and 2000 in tandum, when calls come into the 2000 through our dual PRI's that need to be routed to the 3300 users, there is a simple ARS route to the 3300. The problem I am having is that the two systems are using a "t-1" of sorts (5ft cable between the two) On the SX2000 we are using a DS1 formatter card, and on the 3300, the built in t-1. When outside people are attempting to call users on the 3300, I often get an 'all lines are busy message' Would adding another 't-1' circuit between the two alleviate this, or do I need to look at splitting the PRI between the two?? Our long term goal is to move from the 2000 to the 3300.... at least with our staff (we're a university)

Thanks in advance for your help on this one!

=========================
Randy Bonds Jr
Northwest University
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Adding a 2nd link would help. I assume this is an msdn link. not that it matters. One thing you may want to check. is that at a time when you get the busy message, run a ste command on your link to the 3300. This will let you see if all your trunks are busy. The problem might also be elsewhere and that would be a way of confirming whether a 2nd link would help.

Simon

OP Offline
Went and checked it out... this one's strange. About a third of the lines - both on the PRI to the outside and the MSDN internally are showing 'inderteminate.'
Not sure how to get this fixed, mostly because I haven't had to deal with the links too much

Randy Bonds Jr
Northwest University
PArt of the reason you may be getting intdeterminate is that the trunks may not have all been used since the last reboot. What are the loads of software that you are running and is your 2k redundant?

OP Offline
We're running redun on a lightware 30 rel 2
Everything seems to be working much better now... all i did was run a test on all the plids... wierd [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Randy Bonds Jr
Northwest University
OP Offline
Now I have two of the circuits that are reading 'not seizable'.on my outside PRI... anyone know the command to fix this?

Randy Bonds Jr
Northwest University
enter from maintenance:

BUSY <unit> <shelf> <slot> <circuit> <channel>

then rts <unit> <shelf> <slot> <circuit> <channel>
eg.
bu 6 1 1 1 12
rts 6 1 1 1 12

if that doesn't fix it you may want to try resetting the spand and if it continues get your service provider to look at it.

OP Offline
I tried that, in fact, that is what produced this wonderful error. I never ever usually touch the T-1, what is the command to reset a span?

Randy Bonds Jr
Northwest University
The best way is to unplug it or to load the card using the load command. Unplugging the T1 resets the span but loading the card reloads all the software from the pbx back into the card, takes a minute or so. Best to unplug and reconnect first.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024