web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I'm trying to assign a number to an extension but the number is already assigned - somewhere. The problem is, as I scroll throught all the equip. numbers (and looking at the extension numbers assigned), that extension number does not show up.

If I dial that number, I get a ring, indicating that the number is programmed - but I can't find it to remove it from its current assignment so I can use it somewhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thank you so much for allowing me to ask for help here.

Brian Ingoldsby
Union Gospel Mission
Yakima, WA

Brian
Yakima, WA
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check the supersets, it might be assigned as a phantom number on one of them.
And please complete your profile.

mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited August 17, 2004).]

Go to form 35, it will tell you what it is

OP Offline
Thank you, Mark. I've added a bit more information to my profile, although I don't know why that make me more worthy of some help. I'll look at superset programming, as you suggest.

And, Mpoe, where will I find form 35? I'm not trained in this stuff, just struggling to keep the system running and make any modification that I can. And, we don't have anyone here in town or even close that knows much about old Mitel programming, etc.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate the help.

Brian
Yakima, WA
OP Offline
I've looked through all 4 of the technical books that I have and can't find a form 35 (or any form for that matter).

I presume that you are referring to papers that were filled out by someone who did programming on this unit in the past. That was several years ago and they were students of a local technical school doing us a favor as a school project. Perhaps they filled out those forms and details, but I've never seen them.

I will also do a system info dump (didn't think about that) and see if I can find that station number somewhere.

Brian
Yakima, WA
Quote:
Thank you, Mark. I've added a bit more information to my profile, although I don't know why that make me more worthy of some help.

Bing,
The profile helps us to determine your telcom experience level, and makes it a bit easier to know how to answer your question. An end user needs a bit more complete answer then a tech.
mark

OP Offline
Mark,

Understood. I'm at about the half-way point between end user and tech. I can perform all hardware operations with no problem. (been a ham radio operator for 42 years) I have programmed extensions, supersets, COS, System Options, Trunk Programming, set up SMDR with a computer to read the serial port data and transfer it to the network file server for reading into an Access database.

I don't do a lot of stuff very often and, because of that, tend to forget things I've learned-by-doing. I have learned that persistance is the answer to solving almost any problem on my own and the help of experts usually gets me what I need on the rest of the issues.

Thanks,

Brian
Yakima, WA
What version Mitel is it?

OP Offline
Sorry for not getting back sooner. It is an SX200 analog.

I did get the problem resolved. It was a superset port that had never been used and I don't know why it was programmed.

Another issue I had to deal with was the fact that the volume III of the books which contains the programming proceedures has every other page blank - including the one with the pertinent information for the superset programming I wanted to do. I know it's pretty basic and at that level of programming is nearly identical to standard extension programming - but I don't do this stuff very often, so...

All done, and thanks.

Brian

Brian
Yakima, WA
I have that volume here for generic 217, so if you need me to look up something and fax it to you I can.
mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024