web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Thanks folks for the updates to my question.
Now all i have to do is implement this feature and i am god to go.
This system is not very user friendly but hey we have to learn to deal with this unfortunate reality.
Have a happy Holiday!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi All,

It looks like I'm in the same boat, as when we program Call Forwarding - External (follow me) we cannot get it to work with outside calls.

We have selected the COS for the trunks and sets as described in the System Admin Tool, I have set the call forward always to an external set (my outside cell to simulate an external device.) Call from within the network work fine. Calls from another network via the IP trunks work fine. But calls coming in from outside do not.

This is a ramp up for a live system. Right now, we have one PRI that we are using, and they are all in one trunk group, using the same trunk service assignment, COS, and descriptor numbers.

My thought is that the problem lies with the handoff from TDM back to TDM, but I can't determine if it is a PRI issue or a ICP programming issue. We can dial in and out over the PRI no problem, CPN substitution works great, everything. Just can't get an external call, dialing an extension in the network that is forwarding calls to another external device to connect.

Any ideas? Thanks.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rdpayne:
[QB] Hi All,

It looks like I'm in the same boat, as when we program Call Forwarding - External (follow me) we cannot get it to work with outside calls.

We had similar problems with a worker who wanted her phone forwarded to her home. It was also a long distance call for us. I think most of the problems happened outside our system. They seemed to caome back when she was on a call at home. Of couse my answer was to require her to stay at work and not work from home...

ATTITUDE: It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Check that your dpns to dpns connection is set to yes in the sta and trunk cos . Also make sure external trunk to external trunk in you sta and trunk cos is set to yes . Also check the cor of the trunks to make sure they are not ars restricted . Post back after checking . It's either a cos problem or a cor problem . Should be a simple fix . When using a PRI the dpns features come into play . Hope this was of some help . smile My Teleworker phone is off our 3300 and I can forward my teleworker number to my home phone via a speed dial key . So I know the feature works .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
As mitelman said you must also check the interconect restrictions table and see if isn't an R (restriction) between the interconect number(s) of the two trunk (the incoming trunk and the outgoing trunk). And also check Public Network to Public Network Connection Allowed option enabled in the COS of the trunks and station.

I have ensured that Public Trunk to Public Network Connection and Public Network Access Via DPNSS are both set to yes on the COS for the set and the PRI Trunks.

The one place I was NOT looking was the COS for the Hunt Group that I placed all my Voice Ports into. I programmed my Voice Port Assignments, designating their numbering, Interconnect and Tenant numbers, then once I added the modified COS to the Hunt Group (this case 7300)it worked. The COS was modified for the sets and trunks, and once I checked it was the same for the Hunt Group, it worked just fine. Thanks guys...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,308 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 150 guests, and 289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024