web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have a Mitel system and we have around 20 phones hooked up. There is a Mitel 4015 that is showing night service on the screen. We managed to get all of the phones functions working, but cannot get rid of the night service message.

How do I change that message?

Also, how do I figure ou which Mitel system we are using?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

TRY *14 Do You have a console ,If so what does it say on it

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. I'll give *14 a try. Im not sure what you mean by console.

The Mitel phone panel looks close to this pic I found on ebay https://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/29/75/d9_12_sb.JPG

I just run a cable from a laptop to the back of the mitel phone panel and hyperterminal into it.

[This message has been edited by mrbaseball (edited January 10, 2005).]

OP Offline
I tried *14 and the 4015 and it did not help. The phone was treating it like I was trying to dial an extension.

Are there any other steps I need to do before the *14? Im new to working with the mitel phones.

I'm sorry ,the picture you referenced in your earlier post appears to be a newer digital Mitel system,on the older supersets if the class of service allowed ,you could hit either function or feature and14 and it would turn it on 15 or 13 was off, I'm sorry but I am only familiar with the older Mitel analog systems ,but most manufacturers try to stick with there original feature commands, and also the commands were programmable,I thought the *14 was a good gamble.A Mitel console is usually about 18 inches long and eight inches deep ,and has direct access feature buttons for an operator to handle a high volume of calls.

I'm sorry ,the picture you referenced in your earlier post appears to be a newer digital Mitel system,on the older supersets if the class of service allowed ,you could hit either function or feature and14 and it would turn it on 15 or 13 was off, I'm sorry but I am only familiar with the older Mitel analog systems ,but most manufacturers try to stick with there original feature commands, and also the commands were programmable,I thought the *14 was a good gamble.A Mitel console is usually about 18 inches long and eight inches deep ,and has direct access feature buttons for an operator to handle a high volume of calls.

i'm sorry but I am only familiar with the analog Mitels your picture appears to be a digital , a console is an operator station for handling a large volume of calls and features,The codes on the older Mitels were programmable,but generally a manfg. sticks with his feature codes ,do a google for your mitel users guide

go to the superconsole 1000 (big gray/white console) if you have one

Press FUNCTION
look for the DAY / NIGHT / NIGHT 2 options and select which one you want.

if you do not have a superconsole, go to a Superset phone (usually an operator phone) press SUPERKEY then press NO until you see an option for DAY Service

you have a SX200EL/ML. You need a VT100 terminal attached to the maintenance port on the back for further info.

Press FUNCTION

if you do not have a superconsole, go to a Superset phone (usually an operator phone) press SUPERKEY then press NO until you see an option for DAY Service

you have a SX200EL/ML. You need a VT100 terminal attached to the maintenance port on the back for further info.

Press FUNCTION

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,074 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,371 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (JBean3329, R4+Z, dans), 132 guests, and 177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024