web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me why the "ringing" indicator on the power supply of my SX-200 ML/EL cabinet is on and flickering constantly, turning off briefly once a second.

This is a different pattern that it makes when it is actually ringing an analog station (where it is off normally, turning on solid when ringing)

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

From your description , I would hazzard to guess the power supply is starting to fail . Check the led indicators on the analog cards to see if any are showing a busy condition when you know the system is idle . If no busy indications exsist then remove the analog cards one at a time . If the power supply led returns to normal then plug the suspect card back in to see if the trouble returns . If not a card problem look hard at the power supply . Hope this helps .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
OP Offline
Good call... pulling my ONS card out clears the led on the power supply. Disconnecting the station cables from the ONS card does not (so it not a short in the station wiring).

I think I have a known good ONS card somewhere, I'll try that and see what happens.

Thanks
Mark

TDS Offline
any meassge wait set on any ext in bay will
make light flicker this is normal.not bad power supply or bad card.

OP Offline
Interesting... none of the extensions on the ONS cards should have VM setup. I'll look into it.

Thanks
Mark

You don't need VM setup in order to have ONS message lamps set. There's also the old pre-VM message feature.

Anyway, as TDS said, the LED indication is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. I would let it be, myself.

TDS is correct this is normal, message wait indications.

Did you ever find out if you had a defective ons card or locate the analog extension that had a callback message set ?

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
I have what appears to be a similar problem. I hope I am o.k. in posting this here.
I have a SX200 MX system. In one of the bays (slot 1) the Digital line card has an alarm light on. Also the power supply for this bay has a constant ringing light showing. I am not sure if I have 2 problems or one.
I tried switching the digital line card with another one in another bay (same type of card) and the alarm light still shows (slot 1). I was told by a technician to reset the SX200 system which I did this morning. The bay reset but once it came back on the alarm light started flashing. To add to this an analog card (same bay) was removed because a user was not getting a ring to their phone. and from previous posts on Sundance there was mention of bad relays. You could actually hear the relay making a funny noise when the number was called. (Moving the user to another card enabled ringing on his phone.)
Based on all the above, could all these issues be tied to the Power supply unit? Could there be a back plane problem? Amy other thoughts?

Thnx in advance.

The flashing light on hte Digital Line card means that none of the ports are programmed.
Once you program a port, the light will stop flashing.
The "ringing" LED will flicker rapidly when any analog port in that bay has an active Message Waiting light. It may be from voice mail, the console, or sent from an admin phone.
The third problem you mentioned is probably a bad port on the analog card. You can test it quickly by swapping in another card, and test to see if you have the same symptoms.
Let me know if we can be of any further assistance!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (aweaver, Professor Shadow), 165 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024