Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rdpayne Offline OP
OP Offline
We completed a migration from a 200SX to a 2000 Light. New voicemail system also installed (Repartee).

We programmed up the hunt group for the ONS/COV ports being used for the voice mail system. Our customers have SS410's and 420's. They are able to receive MWI on their sets. They are able to dial the VM pilot and program up their mailboxes and retrieve messages manually. But when they receive a new VM, they are not able to simply press the Message feature key (not a programmed speed dial but the fixed key). There is no dial back at all.

Message Waiting is set on the COS for the ONS ports, as is COV/ONS/E&M Voice Mail Port. Messaging is working, and we'd rather get the Message key to work than program up a separate MWI line key on their phones. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The message key should display the message IE the port or group that sent the message, the user should have to read the message then press the call option.

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
I don't agree. We are having the same problem and the fixed message button would directly dial the VoiceMail hunt group.

Our system lost power one time and after that it's never worked since. The MWI light works correctly though.

You have to add your message waiting ports to the vm hunt group . Remember to put the mw ports in perm dnd so they cannot be called . Callback also needs to be yes in cos on 420/410 ! wink

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
rdpayne Offline OP
OP Offline
We've made sure to put the MW port in permanent DND. Message key is working, they can see the callback indicator to VM. Now, MWI is not clearing at all. We've tried manually entering the code for Message Waiting - Deactivate (762+extension) and it is not clearing. We've checked and the callback cancel timer on the System Options is set to 8 hours, and it's been well over 24 hours since this started.

What type on intergration to vm are you using ? Not clearing the lamps is a vm porblem most likely . There is also a system max on allowed call backs . when this is reached the Mitel does strange thing with lamps goin off/on . If its a micro light have you done a programmed reboot ?

rdpayne Offline OP
OP Offline
We have not yet done a programmed reboot. I will get back with the user on scheduling that. The VM is basically coming of a Repartee server, via DIALOGIC port card, to 8 ports on a DNIC. This was working the day after the cutover, which is why we are scratching our heads at what happened.

rdpayne Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there a maintenance command to clear callback's (other can the CALLBACK CANCEL feature code) on a station?

You stated it's Dialogic 8 port . Analog or Digital ? There is a nonpublished command line for showing number of active call backs . I forget what it is . When I had a Mitel freak out on me with call backs . I did a dbms save , then a hard reset , then a full dbms check . It found 2 table errors . I then made a data save to rsd and turned off the dbms flag and reset and restored the saved data base . Fixed the issue But was a PITA ! johnp may have the answer that is not so labor intensive ! Trust johnp he knows his SH$T ! smile

rdpayne Offline OP
OP Offline
It is a Digital and spaced on the even ports of the entire card. We went back and it looked like the problem started when we programmed all the sets to have one multicall appearance, changing the sets to multiline from singleline.

We went back in and checked the COS to allow MULTILINE SET VOICMAIL CALL BACK ERASURE ALLOWED - YES. Now, we've got about 40% of the phones working correctly (get voicemail, light comes on, delete vm, light goes off), and just have the problem of phantom MWI's on the other 60%. Still no help with sending the Activatea and Deactivate Message Wait codes to the set, but at least system wide it is working.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,941 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024