web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
The Hal Biss answer is the most practical solution for your needs and eliminates the human screw ups
like battery replacement / dropped damaged eq. /
'I left the pager home / the dog ate the pager
joe quit and took it with him

and give the customer acess to an outside call.

My 02 cents

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I'm going to discuss things with my customer tomorrow…
Valcom offers talkback page controls with multiple zones. Each zone will handle 2 talkback devices and up to 40 one-way speakers at the same time. I wonder how they avoid feedback if using only 2 talkback speakers in close proximity such as in an office area with no one-way speakers used. In what I have read in their tech documents it is doable. Does anybody have any experience with manufacturers other than Valcom and Bogen?

I left the number for tech support @ Valcom
above ,give them a call.

Valcom and bogen are the most widely stocked
items and easiest to get .

Admin
Admin
I done a few installations like this the biggest factors are
how much background noise
how big of area and obstructions
how many seperate areas to talkback from
how many locations need paging origination
what type of enviroment
feedback is only an issue if paging telephone is located to close to speakers

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
OP Offline
You said a lot. I have three rooms 1 is 130’ X 80’, two are aprox. 40’X 60’. All are warehouse space except one of the smaller rooms has a bagging machine in it. You can talk over the noise of the machine but it is rather loud and I think presents a problem there. My customer would like to be able to page with all-page and talkback to all rooms at once. This warehouse stores animal feed and supplies to both large farms and individuals with pets. They have a grain mill and can do custom blending in large volume. The area can get dusty. The large building is open with two rows of metal shelving. It has 16’ walls with an open ceiling to a 5 X 4 pitched roof. It is a new building. The other two rooms are like an older wooden New England barn. Post and beam with 8’ to 10’ceilings. The help is always on the move so a paging system would be ideal. It’s a one-time charge and no batteries to change or equipment to replace.

Admin
Admin
I quick suggestion would be put the Bogen TBA-15 with horns in all the quite areas and setup oneway speaker(no talkback) with phone near the bagging machine. Owner could make all-call page and hear people talback except from bagging room they would have to use phone.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
OP Offline
I just went to Bogen.com. This might just do it.
I'm trying to figure out how many speakers I can use. The system has a 15W output. So I will use 15W paging horns. I can't find a spec to how many I can use. I'll contact Tech support tomorrow. They also offer a free design service.
Thanks for the info and suggestion.

OP Offline
This has been an interesting day. Bogen told me that with the area that I had, I would have to turn up the power on the horns so high that I would be limited to 3 or 4, which is not enough. The supply will handle 15 W. Valcom did have a solution with a V-5323105 control along with a SMA-120W Amp and SX15-T horns set to 7.5W. These are 70 V horns, which would require 16ga shielded twisted pair. When I put the cost of that system together it blew the budget. I think that this thing might “boil-down” (no pun intended, it’s sugaring season here in Vermont) to A single zone Valcom Talkback V-9941A with the proper power supply. This would give two zones of talkback, which they could, strategically place in the most populated areas and then scatter a few 1-way speakers around with a phone within reasonable distance.

That large Valcom talkback is not on the Valcom.com site. It can be seen at www.pagepac.com. It is a Valcom product. The Amp can be seen at www.clarity-com.com. You can see the horns there also.

This solution sounds fimilar to one that was posted on March 17 around 9PM. Good luck with your install and remember try to be up front about the loudest sound taking control of the talkbak switching .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
OP Offline
Hi OBTW,
What do you mean when you say "up front about the loudest sound taking control of the talkback switching”. I thought the phone system controls the (talk and listen). In other words if the person who pages remains silent then he can monitor through both talkback devices. Is this thinking correct?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 101 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024