Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi there,

I'm having some problems getting the phones to get a dial tone in the rooms, as for the internet it's working fine, but I don't get any dial tone, the setup is....Dslam ---- 66blk ---- PBX, so if that doesn't make sense, i'm going from my router to the Dslam switch, then RJ21 amphenol into the amp connector on the 66block, is there some reason that the dial tone isn't being modulated on the line to the rooms? let me know if more info is required, thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
Is this a T1 going into a channel bank providing both voice and data?

Your profile says "service provider". Are providing voice and data service, or are you the pbx vendor?

What system are you talking about and what version? What are the cards that you have in the system? Is this a new install, cutover, or other?

Rhett
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
RCA thanks for your quick reply, I'm doing a new install for a Hotel and i'm using a ADSL solution that ties into the phone lines and modulates data onto the existing voice lines, so i'm only providing data for this install, the service is from a cable modem going into the DSlam and then out into the 66 block, here's a link for the hardware i'm using, maybe this will help you understand abit more, thanks again, i'll keep nearby since i'm here already and trying to get this thing going.

RCA Offline
OK, so your only providing data for this install. At this point, I have no idea what your asking. Can you please re-read my post and give us more info. Lets start with this.

Originally posted by RCA:
What system are you talking about and what version? What are the cards that you have in the system? Is this a new install, cutover, or other?

Rhett
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
RCA, sorry, didn't post the link on that last post, check it out here:

https://www.versatek.com/products/vx1000md.html

My issue is that i'm not able to get any dialtone in the rooms, the internet is working fine but still no voice in the rooms, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I don't know much about the telephone system, it's a Mitel unit, I can find out more if you require more info, it's not a digtal or VoIP system, only analog.

Di that link provide any additional info for this matter? thanks.

RCA Offline
OK so the phone system is a Mitel? This is the Inter-Tel forum. Did you make a mistake and post it in here? There is a Mitel forum here.
https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/forum/f/6.html

If you want, I can move it over or you can start a new thread.

Rhett
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
oh that would be great sir, thanks again for your time.

RCA Offline
**This was moved from Inter-Tel**

To start with, do you have dialtone at the 66blocks from your equipment?

Rhett
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yes, dialtone coming off the Mitel, it then goes into the Dslam but heading out to the room at the 66blk there is no dialtone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBean3329, Professor Shadow), 131 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024