web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I'd suggest ext. 111 because the most common occurence is the series of pulses (translating to 1,1,1)would cause the display phone to ring.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

uh, duh,... sorry

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
The way to determine the shorted station is set up an Illegal Number route in form 19 to and LDN on the console, the bad station/s will show up on the console repeatedly

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
Had a similar situation with a hotel. Couldn't find out which phone was doing it, and the manager wouldn't let us renumber room 111 or keep it out of service. So we made the room phone 555, made 111 a phantom, and pointed the phantom to a mailbox. A greeting comes on and says, "To reach room 111, press 3."

If a human doesn't press 3, (because VM works on DTMF, not pulse), then the call drops and VM hangs up. But 3 goes to room 111 (ext. 555). seems to be working.

The alternative was to rewire the entire blinking hotel.

I have had on occasion with different switches a problem with certain phones ringing in room and this was the cause, if the area codes in your area are for example: 306 or 403 and your room numbers are three digit and start with the digit "1" then there is a possiblility that when someone from a room dials out and forgets to dial 9 they dial 1306 etc they get room 130 or 1403 and get room 140. Just a thought. What are the rooms numbers experiencing this problem?

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
And Panda's comment is VERY valid! Last town I worked in had all office codes starting with 82 and no 8 floor motels, but b4 that I lived in KC,MO and 221 was a very active OOOLLLDDD exchange, with a LOT of commercial numbers, as in DOWNTOWN exchange. What A Nightmare. We usually were able to talk the motel into skipping that room number. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Similar problem as panda and clightinghorse. Hotel had room numbers 180-189. Rooms were getting calls when callers dialed 1800 or 1888. Solution we used was to create ext. 1800 and 1888 on a non equipped dnic phone. Conflict dialing handled which extension to ring. If someone dialed 1800 they received a busy. Dialed 180 and the room phone rang. One thing that bit us was the voice mail. Need to add slight delay after message waiting dial string, so switch knew what extension was to have the light turned on or off.

mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone for ur inputs, sorry i was away for a while & was not able to post. Anyways i have got the problem fixed as of now, just enabled call block in room cos & activated it on console & it worked!!

I'm sorry mbtel, but that is a COP-OUT. smile I understand why you did it, but you gotta understand, there was ONE BIG PARTY hanging on finding the reason, rather than hiding it! Oh, well, guess it's just as well, haven't had a hangover in years, but, as I recall, they weren't all that much fun. Seriously, I'll be surprised if you can get away with it, once front-desk people realize that they have to set-up all room-room calls! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
you added call block for all the rooms? If so what happens when one room wants to call another..reorder tone.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,814 Shoretel
188,976 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024