web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
fon_guy Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a customer with a sx2000 lite with redundant cpu's. Last week the plane 'a' maint port stopped responding, this has happened before but it has always cleared up after the system switches planes at night.

I tried resetting the switch, which has also cleared up any hung up maint ports in the past. During the reboot, I was connected to the plane 'a' maint port, and it started to print out boot info like it always does (something like {VxWorks something} started... yada yada...I wrote it all down but don't have it right now)but it prints out about a dozen lines of text total.

Since it starts printing, I've gotta figure the cable, connection, baud rate, parity, etc. are all good, but still can't get plane 'a' maint port to respond.

Any ideas out there? Please...
have fun
Rich

"It's like the man said...never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive" Bugs Bunny
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Could be your MCC card can you replace plane A or swap MCC's to see if problem follows card?

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
The SX2000 doesn't run on VxWorks!
If you saw that, you're plugeed into the maintenance port of the PRI card, or the NSU!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Could this be a 200 instead of a 2000?

DUH! I missed the VXWorks first time I read this

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
fon_guy Offline OP
OP Offline
well, I couldn't figure out how the cable got moved from plane a port to the nsu, then remembered that they're adding a wing to one of the buildings and there've been loads of cable grunts and electricians working through the phone room, (a room that, literally, I have been the only person inside of for years). One of them apparently knocked out the connector then plugged it back into a random port. Gotta luv them lectrical guys.

Thanks for the help and have fun
Rich

"It's like the man said...never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive" Bugs Bunny
Originally posted by fifty5footer:
The SX2000 doesn't run on VxWorks!
If you saw that, you're plugeed into the maintenance port of the PRI card, or the NSU!
The 2000 call control software doesn't, but the MCC card DOES run on VxWorks. That controls all the IP functionality of the MCC card. You can secure telnet to it at it's IP on port 2002. You will need login info though.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 100 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024