web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Admin
Admin
Keep in mind that integrating VM to a 50 analog port and to a 200D analog port ain't even close.

Something about the software. What MS55 or something vs. Lightware 15? Big strides. Most of the inexpensive VM manufactureres laugh when you mention SX-50.

I'll put a plug in for Fred at Resale Systems. Make him sell you a DuVoice cheap and you're good to go.

Carl

BTW in passing C.O.V. stands for control over voice, Mitel's implementation of digital lines to control Supersets.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

COV integration is cheap y'all. Just adding a card is no big deal, Reataylor, the default wake-up code for the 50 is 69, not 169. COVoice made a wonderful voice mail integration for the 50, 200, etc. you can turn auto attendant on or off depending on trunking programming, and if VM is not a big issue, then why do most Major Flags REQUIRE IT? Jun, I sent you a PM yesterday.

Jun Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, the discussion is quite a bit for me to digest right now so I guess I'll just shoot from the hip. Based on John C.'s statements, it would seem that two individual stand alone setups (one for AA and one for VM) would allow me to upgrade independently and select an AA I like and mate it with a VM I like...or do they have to be compatible somehow? Although I don't really see what could possibly make one AA better than another AA. I mean all it does is play a pre-recorded message and then register what key buttons are pressed and forwards the call to the proper extension, right? What would make one surperior to another except for longevity? I'm sure there are options that I haven't even thought of. Please educate me. EZ?? DuVoice?? CMP?? And is COV even an AA/VM system?? Based on the descriptions so far, it seems more like an interface that adds digital capabilities to the 50 and VM just happens to be one of the things that it can support once it has this upgrade. I'm only assuming this because there is a lot of talk about analog vs. digital with regards to both systems and ports. I had always assumed everything was digital already because I still can't even imagine how a PBX system can route seven phone lines to service about 60 phones without ever running out of lines if there wasn't a little computer was there sorting all the ingoing and outgoing calls. But it seems now that "analog" just refers to ports and lines used for regular voice service even if the whole system is digitally controlled, and "digital" refers to a line that has the ability to give directions to the PBX itself beyond just simple phone button commands. You're going to have to correct me if I am way off base here. Therefore, I would naturally think that I can go with AA immediately with no problem on one of my analog ports, then later add a COV upgrade to support one of the various VMs you guys are discussing. But when I add the COV/VM would it have its own AA that comes with it?? Then I would just use the COV AA and disconnect and sell the analog AA right?? or are all AAs analog as far as the 50 goes, and the COV discussion just has to do with VM? I looked up the DuVoice and from a quick glance, I don't know how it actually hooks up. It says it's standalone so would it just hook up to analog port and handle everything from there or would I still have to get a COV upgrade so it can plug into a digital port. And how do you guys know I don't already have a COV card. If I pop the big cover off of the PBX brain what do I need to look for to see what I have. No matter what route I will go, I needed an AA as of yesterday and I'm definitely sold on a future VM expansion if I don't already buy it together.

Thanks again,
Jun

P.S. What does the attendant console port on the PBX look like? Will it be obvious and clearly labeled when I'm looking at it or is it in a certain location?? I'm going to take the plunge and pull the cover just to look 'under the hood' tonight and get myself acquainted..hehe..good thing my internet doesn't have anything to do with the PBX or else I wouldn't be able to run here for help. I'll let you guys know how it goes...I remember someone saying all solid green lights is good and I remember someone else saying never work on a system on Friday...don't worry, I'm mostly just looking. Wish me luck.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Ok, Last is first. The attendant console connection is a modular jack on the right edge of the Main Backplane circuit board. All the circuit boards you see the edge of when you take the cover off, plug into the Main backplane circuit board. The real name for the main backplane circuit board is "Master Control Card" or "MCC" for short. For further reference, it is effectively flat against the wall. There are 2 different models, but we don't need to discuss that for now. On the right edge of the "MCC" you'll see a blinking single character LED, that may have only a single period ".", or more displayed, as well as a modular jack that is for the console and ONLY the console. You might consider recording what is blinking on the display for future reference, since it is a 'heartbeat' indicator and we can tell a lot from what is displayed, SOMETIMES.

To remove the cover, unlock the lock on the bottom, if it is locked, and it may not be. Then swing the bottom out 2-3 inches, lift straight up 2-3 inches and then pull straight off the front. If it won't swing out, it's locked, find the key which you hopefully have or it may be hanging next to the phone system. It looks for all the world like a gas cap key and actually is the same blank as 1 type! No key, holler. Someone here may be able and willing to provide 1. Whoo, out of breath, maybe someone else wants to offer some more insight on AA and VM and COV and.... John C (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Admin
Admin
Let's start with the basics. In SX-50 land, you can install a 2-port Auto Attendant on an analog line if you have the ports available. One of the least expensive devices is the Call Managment Products CMP Call-Extend box. It finds its way into many a smaller property because Mr. Patel insists on buying it. It's relatively inexpensive, about 1/4 the price of the COV voice mail sytsems we're talking about and you already know why you would want one.
You could buy a Panasonic 2-port VM/AA for about the same money, but that's also another thread.
https://www.callmanagementproducts.com/prod03.htm
gets you to the product.

The reason for using COV extensions in an SX-50 is because Mitels aren't very smart when it comes to handling calls. In a perfect world, your call is answered by the AA, transferred to a room and if the room answers, the AA hangs up.
What if the room is empty? Now the AA answers, transfers the call to VM and the caller can leave a message. If you use an analog voice mail, the system would have had to stay with the call the entire time, because analog integration is very poor in an SX-50.

With COV, the AA gets the call, sends it to a room, and hangs up. Thirty-six seconds later, that no answer call can ring a different port and it will know that this is a recall from NoAns condition and play the appropriate message.
The holding time of the ports is just what it takes to get the information, or record the message, or retrieve the message. It spends no time listening to ringback tones or waiting for the called party to answer.

As long as you're going to keep the SX-50, there are at least 2 companies that make a COV voice mail system. The COVoice claims to be the "licensed" vendor of the COV Mitel integration and it's the higher priced of the two systems. If you add PMS, it will cost you more that what you expected. It only comes new in 4-port increments, and when you get to a system of this price, it's both AA and VM. When your PMS send a code to clear the room, it does exactly that; all messages are erased, and there is no oops key. https://www.vsrusa.com/html/hospitality_sollutions.html gets you there.

The second COV is made by a company called DuVoice. It's probably the one you were quoted before as it is a little less expensive than the COVoice. They also have a PMS interface and are located here https://www.duvoice.com/documents/brochures/ss_dv2000-dv4_hospitality.pdf

Since none of these companies are fond of you buying direct, and you don't know a whole lot about the integration, it would be a lot simpler to use the Locate an installer tab above and make someone else do it. Yes, you'll put some bills in his pocket, but you'll also end up with
someone who understands your system and makes it work.

Just my .04 worth.

Carl

I have installed several Call Extends made by CMP. I have found them easy to use and to program. There is a tweak that needs to be done if they are used with certain Mitel switches, although I have never used those in combination. I believe it has to do with the flash/recall timing. They are very interesting little boxes.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OMG! Maybe it's time to call a technician in for this person that is versed in Mitel! Whaddaya think?

WT, we're just trying to send the lady down the real path, rather than the primrose path. But, your point is valid now. June, you should be knowledgeable enough now that you won't get taken. Another AA is made by a co. called EZ, and they make a slick little-known VM, that works with SX50. And re the PMS, keep in mind that the SX50 is NOT fully compatible with PMS systems. Rooms can not be shut down by the PMS, there is no provision. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Admin
Admin
One of my friends runs a bridge players site. His name is Jun Chen.

Carl

OOOOOK, Carl. (Hmmmm) Jun, click on the "Installer" tab up at the top and ask for Mitel techs in your area. Generally, only 'Good Guys' hang around on this site. John C. (Not Garand)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024