web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have the auto attendant option but not setup and no RAD or VM system. When a non-answered call comes in, it rolls from DAY to N1 as expected. If the call still goes unanswered the caller hears "Answer Off" in a female voice, a slight pause, a beep and then hard disconnect.

I was trying to figure out if we have this going to another phone in the building that may have an answering machine that is not turned on. So to track it I turned on incoming smdr and get the following result.

Code
10/21 12:23  00:01:02 T001  ***
So there my guess is that the AA is picking up but I didn't know the AA could function in any way without an RAD or VM.

Any information on figuring out where this call is going and if it's possible to have a working AA without RAD or VM.

Thanks...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What kind of 200 is this? EL/ML, Digital, Light?

OP Offline
ELx running LW18

According to the call record, nothing in the Mitel answered the call, after a minute and 2 seconds.
What is the night 1 answer position?
What happens if you call that device directly?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
OP Offline
Next time I am at the switch overnight, i'll try it on N1. I can't call the device directly as this is the inbound trunk group that goes to our Incoming LDN.

I am wondering if it may be the telco too as we use a CLEC and this might be some odd feature on the CO side.

Yu never said what the N1 answer point was for Attendant auotmatic call forward no answer

OP Offline
Form 14 shows the incoming CO lines with DAY and N2 pointing to the LDN for "Outside" calls. and N1 pointed to an ONS Extension with a cordless phone on it.

Form 3, COS 4 - Trunks, Option 118 "Attendant Call Forward No Answer Timer" is set for 30s.

Does the cordless phone base have a built-in answering machine?

OP Offline
Originally posted by bcstechs:
Does the cordless phone base have a built-in answering machine?
Nope, none... and the SMDR doesn't show a station answering it... so I will be testing with another circuit from the same CLEC but not on the PBX and see if it does the same thing.

Attendant automatic call forward no answer - automatically goes to N1 answer point. If the cordless is the night 1 answer point I would try dialing that extension directly and see what happens. It may be call forwarded to some kind of external number. If not it could be a CO things.

Also what kind of trunks are these? Is it a PRI ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,797
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,355 Shoretel
189,018 CTX100 install
187,395 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 174 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024