Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#107271 01/23/08 04:26 PM
TDS Offline
i belive there looking for a pms interface
along with the call acounting info
if so
The PMS interface communicates the following information between the PBX and the PMS:
• Maid status and room status
• Guest check-in and check-out
• Guest name
• Auto wakeup and message waiting
• PMS related maintenance logs.

this is what the data set would be used for but
i have not seen this on a sx200d iknow it works
on the sx200el/ml & sx200 icp systems.use the i pockets

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#107272 01/23/08 04:42 PM
OP Offline
Yes, everything was pre loaded and programed up.

All we had to do is setup, turn on and plug into the T1

Then call the Interface support. About 10 minutes after that the system was up and running.

It's a real pain as well. I'm handy with computers and can figure things out myself or with a little guidance. But you spend a lot of money on the new system and you don't have any administrative access. 5 PCs, 1 is called the "interface PC" which is locked down.

#107273 01/23/08 04:46 PM
OP Offline
TDS, I can grab the number off of the mitel tommorrow.

The front of the cabinet says SX200 Digital. But the phone vendors tell me its analog. Not sure.

#107274 01/24/08 01:43 AM
Buzz;
Don't let this PMS guy intimidate you into dragging this out anymore!!!!
Ask him WHY there are SO MANY ports on the serial adapter!?!?!?!
*One's for priced calls from the Prophet,
*ONE's for the interface to turn the phones on&off,
*ONE's for updating the voicemail system!!!!
**THAT's why there are several serial ports!!!!**

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
#107275 01/24/08 02:36 AM
If one of the cabinets says 200D then it is probably a hybrid system with a digital brain but also utilizes analog cards. This will support a dataset for PBX interface (I always used the "stand alone" 1103 for this - works fine.)

Still that is not the issue here (at least yet) it is the CAS interface. Again I would try running a cable directly from the digiport to CAS (eliminating the existing Y cable). It could also be that on the serial side programming on the digiport there is a flow contol issue.

Do you have a laptop or desktop with serial port connectivity available? If so you can do some testing on the serial port side.

A lot of times the Franchiser looks at the whole PMS situation as just another revenue center. I could possibly see the advantage of doing the interfaces via IP to a central location if everything were done that way - Terminals, printers, etc. But you obviously still have a lot of hardware that you can't administrate. Just seems to create more problems than it solves. Especially when the support people aren't as knowledgeable as they should be.

#107276 01/24/08 05:00 AM
OP Offline
Let me ask you all this.

What is a Service Module for?
It's hard to see all the wires in this closet but I drew up a legend so you can see what I'm talking about.

The service module has 2 ports on it. One on the bottom is labeled system, has a cable coming out of it the is split. One goes to the digi, the other is loose. On top of the service module is a port called printer. this is also empty.

As for a laptop, I do not have a laptop that has a serial, but I have an older PC I can bring in that has serial conection. I dont know if it helps But I also have the floppy that has the prophetH software. I'm assuming thats for configuring.

Perhaps I'm banging my head as much as you all are. I just dont understand, if my printer is seeing the calls and prints them, and he can see the calls, Why can't that data be passed on to the data center? I dunno. Perhaps they just want ever hotel to have the same setup.

#107277 01/24/08 05:04 AM
OP Offline
I called a few people here in town.

For what they need, I have a guy thats willing to sell me a used dataset 1103. would this be compatibale with our system?

Anyways, What is the dataset for?

#107278 01/24/08 11:51 AM
yes that would be compatible, but again I STRESS you do not need a dataset for the CAS interface ONLY for the PBX interface. Throw out the disk with the prophet "software" on it. It actually is a proprietary system used to programmed but you are better off just using Hyperterm or Procom.

Normally a service module for a Prophet H3 is a little white box that has a hardwired cable that goes to the system port on the prophet, a DB25 port labeled modem and a system port that goes to the PMS and/or a touch pad. I sincerely suggest that if you do not have a modem hooked up and you do not have a touchpad that you take the darn service module out of the loop.

Do a reset on the prophet by pushing the recessed reset button on the back near where the cables connect and tell us what option the system is in when the reset message prints out.

Also you didn't tell us that the calls weren't going to the data center I just thought they were seeing the calls but the Prophet wasn't seeing their response.

#107279 01/24/08 02:31 PM
OP Offline
Well I made a bunch of calls and got down to the bottom of this.

There are a few people working on this and nobody seems to be talking to each other. So by the time I get the info it's all messed up.

Here's what they need now.
The dataset 1103
Properly formatted message from the prophetH

This is for exactly what you guys are saying. They want to interface the pbx with the PMS. Thats step 1.

Final step is the call accounting.
The interface guy I called today, he's the one actually working on the system. He said his system is getting the info and but it isn't properly formated. What he needs is the calls coming from the prophet to be changed. He told me the information needs to have a start message and an end message. I forgot what he exactly said, but I have that written down at work.

I belive I spoke with fiftyfooter today on the phone and he gave me tons of usefull information that I pushed on the interface guy.. Once I told him the info I learned here and on the phone. the interface tech got me in touch with another interface guy that is working on part of the system. He explained what needs to be done and why.

So tommorrow I'm going to either try getting a serial adatper or bring in my old desktop.

#107280 01/25/08 01:02 AM
TDS Offline
Look in pbx there should be some Backup floppy disks in a little blue holder tell us whats on the lable (don,t remove the ons in the drive)

You may All ready Have a data set look at the back of the console is there a db 25 connector
if so this can be used for the pms interface

also the h3 will need to be change for the proper
pms i belive they are useing the micros 452 or 8500 set up for the H3

I really wish you could find a Mitel Tech with
Hospitaly Back Ground This all could be setup
&tested 4-5 Hours max
Good Luck

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,084 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 148 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024