web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I was hired to install two new 2003 Window servers and new hotel management software for two local hotels. These hotels have the Mitel SX50 phone system. I don't know much about the SX50 but have done a little research on it lately. Both hotels used the TEL Electronics Inn-Form boxes that interfaced to their old software and printer. With this new software INNQuest Room Master it is not necessary to use the Tel Electronics box because this new software will price and post the calls. The first hotel I was able to connect the SX50 RS232 port to the server serial port and everything worked with no problem. The default port settings of 9600, 8, N, 1 which worked just fine. I was able to see the phone call data using HyperTerminal. The second hotel is another story! When I observe the data coming from this SX50 to HyperTerminal all I get is garbage such as following after a call is made: ðóïóðààóúòñðàððúððúôõàôõòàààùàààñðñðõõõñòðø÷òð÷öñöààààààààààôðö÷ààààààà
íê. What is interesting is when I toggle switch #4 as I learned in this forum I get the following:

PBUG 03
ENTER PASSWORD :

So it seems to be sending the debug data ok but not the posted phone calls, any ideas?? I tried different Bits per second, data bits, parity, and stop bit settings with no luck. In fact the only way to read the debug info is by staying with the 9600, 8, N, 1 settings. By the way, it worked just fine on the old Tel Electronics box and I haven’t changed any settings on the Mitel...Any help is very much appreciated!! The switches are closed except for #1 which is open. I am using pin 2, 3, and 7 on the Mitel end and 2, 3, 5 on the Serial end with 2 to 3 and 3 to 2, and 7 to 5. HELP

S

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

By toggling switch #4, you will ALWAYS get that info sent at 9600, 8N1, regardless of the settings for the SMDR output. So that proves that your hardware is working properly.
There are seperate settings in the system database for effecting the output for SMDR records.
The default settings are 1200 8N1, but those may have been changed.
You'll need to go into COMMAND 100, and check the printer port settings, then use the hyperterminal to verify the output.
Also, be sure and test the output right at the serial port, using a full RS232 cable. The SX50 won't print unless it sees a high on pin 20 (DTR).

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
I think most of the older printers in Hailey are set to 1200 or 300 baud.

If you do a restart on the Tel-electronics it should give you a "baud factor" on the start message on the printer. If you go to Tel's web site (if you don't have a handy-dandy manual) and look it up in the on-line manual - this will tell you what the SMDR port and the serial port (interface port) were running at - often they are not the same which could be your problem.

OP Offline
fifty5footer...Is there a quick way to just put the Mitel RS232 printer port settings back to default 1200 8N1 or would it be easier to just see what the existing settings are and set Room Master to those setting? I don't have a manual, at least one that covers programming. Could you run me through the sequence to set it back to default or how to view the settings? I am not going to be using a printer or the TEL Electronics box, just direct to the server serial port where the Room Master software will be monitoring the com port and posting the calls. I have tried baud rates of 1200 and 300 in HyperTerminal with no luck. And Dane, when you mean restart the Tel-electronics, is that simply mean to power it down and back up again or is there a keypad function I would have to perform to get the baud factor to print? You guys have been a great help already, what you say makes a lot of sense, thanks again in advance for your help!!

PM sent!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
No just make sure it is hooked up to the printer and power it back up - it will print out a restart message which should include the baud factor.

OP Offline
Hey Dane, I powered down and back up the TEL Electronics Inn-Form boxes and it printed about everything but the baud info! LOL Any other ideas? Does anyone know the console key functions I would use to get into and find the info I need?

Get into the "management access" of telelectronics and hit program then 20 then enter. At the end of that program you should see a couple of lines of info which should include the "baud factor" If you need the password email privately from here and I will tell what it is normally defaulted to

REW Offline
If you can get into programming on the Mitel you can check the baud rate and parity settings. Sometimes pressing the # key will let you view programming. Look at command 100 register 16 field D. A 2 in field D is 300 baud, 4 is 1200, 6 is 2400 and 7=4800 8=9600. Field E is parity, 0=none 1=odd 2=even. Field F is data bits 5 to 8.
Field G is stop bits 1 or 2.
Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,324 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024