web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Steevo Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a new block of DID numbers assigned to our existing PRI. I can't figure out how to get them to work for the inbound side. I have created extensions that can call out and work just fine internally. I created the CPN substitution for the outbound caller ID. I can not get inbound numbers to go through. We get an error that the number is no longer in service, etc... Provider tested and said PBX refused the numbers. Is there something else that has to be configured? Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How many digits are being delivered? If it is 4, then you need to have an extension, or something, with that 4 digit number. Do the other existing DID’s have matching extensions? You may need to check the trunk service assignment. At the maint screen type loc num xxxx, xxxx being your delivered DID number, there may be a conflict.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
Steevo Offline OP
OP Offline
I did configure the extension. I can make internal 4 digit calls as well as outbound calls from that extension.

I get the proper reply from the "loc num xxxx" command typed in

RESPONSE:
The number refers to a 5212dm.

Steevo Offline OP
OP Offline
The current extensions are 4300-4319. The new extensions are 4360-4379.

It sounds like it’s in the provider’s provisioning. Try a few test calls with the new and existing numbers and check the smdr (logs re smdr new 12) to see if anything at all came in on the trunks. They may be trying to send you more or less than 4 digits.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
The message " line is not in service at his time" tells you that DID range wasn't released or not ported over your T1. If it would be your system you will have message "All circuits are busy please try it later" or something like that.

Steevo Offline OP
OP Offline
Exact message when calling on the outside line is "Lines are temporarily busy, please try your call again later"...

Provider ran a Q.931 and the PBX replied with unassigned number.

I had that "line is not available" when I didn't have a number properly programmed into our 3300. I couldn't believe it worked that way but it did.

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones
Hi I'm getting a similar problem with ome lines we had ported over today - I ran a CCS trace and can see the line coming in when I call it form my mobile but its not ringing on the Key Appearance..?

Be sure that the carrier is only sending 4 digits. Create an extension that matches the first 7 digits of the complete phone number (including area code). Create an ext. that matches the last 7 digits. See if different combinations cause any change to your symptons.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024