web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Ok both me and the vendor researched this for at least 2 hours today.

System is a Mitel 3300 Mxe.

We have the advanced voicemail, and there are the system greetings, one for day, one for night. Thats all fine. However we want to ramp up the voicemail to be a little more professional. That said, how exactly do you change settings on the main greetings other than the greetings themselves?

Right now, it plays the system greeting, options are 0 for the operator, or 9 for directory. If no buttons are pressed, it "transfers" to operator...wait...wait..operator is not available (night mode), then goes to operator voicemail.

What we want is a cleaner setup - want something very basic like:

Press 0 for operator
Press 1 for business hours
Press 2 for assistance with (blah)....
Press 3 for assistance with (blah)....
Press 9 for Directory
Press 4 to leave a message (with no dump to operator)

I don't want it to auto-dump to the operator extension or anything like that. Is there any way to accomplish this?

The only thing I read and the vendor's tech said for the first couple options, just create single digital mailboxes, but the problem is they don't fall back to the main greeting after playing informative stuff, like biz hours, and it doesn't answer the fall back to operator question.

Help!

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well I am not a 3300 guy but it seems to me if you set the operator extension of the mailboxes you want to revert to the main greeting to the pilot number of the VM hunt group it should ring back there. If you don't want to dump anything to system attendant then just set up the main operator extension as a mailbox without an extension associated with it and you can also send your "press 4" above to the same place.

Your best bet is to use the vmail and the pbx featues together, to accomplish the desired effect.
If the operator is not available, make sure the rerouting tables are set up to direct the calls properly.
Also, be sure to set the mailboxes to the appropriate type (mesage only, transfer only) so you can get the calls routed properly.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
OP Offline
(Bear with me this system is completely new to me)

They have a DID entry for our main number in the call rerouting table that simply calls the voicemail hunt group at night. During the day it tries the operator and I think does not fall back to voicemail if it's not answered (not exactly how we wanted it).

I guess I'm struggling here because its hard to tell exactly where a call is bouncing to - I wish it had some kind of monitor to watch like our old system did.

If you're in (day service) or night service, and you dial '0', what happens to the call??
That's all that the vmail is doing?!?!?!?

OP Offline
Is there any way to call voicemail internally to test this without it going into my own mailbox?

OP Offline
Yep - if I call our main # during the day, it goes to operator and rings endlessly.

If the system is in night mode, it goes to VM hunt group, thats it. From there the day or night system greeting plays and thats where I'm confused in how to take over. For example, if I want to have a business hours "information only" box, I can make that mailbox 1, but then when it finishes the message, it immediately prompts the caller to transfer to a different extension, even if I have the operator extension programmed to say, go to my phone at x6401.

I'm assuming what's missing is some way to call voicemail directly to a menu box, like 123*7000 (for mailbox 7000) or something like that.

pm sent!!

OP Offline
fifty5footer, thanks for your help!! Inadvertantly I think I understand what the issues are/were.

For future reference if anyone sees this thread, it was 3 things that were screwing me up:

1. Configuration - operator rerouting wasn't set right.

2. To create options off the "system greeting", simply create single digit mailboxes (1..2...3..)

3. To keep the call from falling through to the operator, create a "press x to leave a message" option. If no buttons are pressed it will fall through to the operator (not sure if there's a way to change this). You can change the operator's mailbox to the same mailbox as the one you have as the menu option.

4. Information only mailboxes do not work properly from the system greeting, only from a menu node. If you branch an info mailbox from the system greeting it will play a transfer prompt after the greeting. There may be ways around this but for now, who knows. Easiest would be to create a menu node then branch from there. (press 2 for hours..beep...pres 1 for hours, 2 for directions)

Orion3311 this is the kind of "fixed" feed back we like to see here all for the benifit of future user problems.
Well done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gary S., Toner), 138 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024