web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
What is involved in networking 2 mitel sx200 icp's in order to be able to transfer calls between systems

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

To many ways. Back to Back via P2P T1s, E&M Trunks, Analog stations to trunks, SIP Trunks, Routers. Depends what you are planing to accomplish. One VM or individual for each system? Full Feature capabilities? Transfer only can be done to many different ways. So, please be specific.

It can be done either with t1 or pri, with analog networking, it is described in the documentation under analog networking, that part is free. Should you decide that you want network voicemail then I suggest reference the tsb on Mitel OnLine if your a registered user titled Centralized vcicemail it is also described in the technical documentation. Centralized voicemail can be done with either t1 trunks, pri or ip trunks, centralized voicemail is a purchasable option in form 04. IP trunks does not require that option, have fun.

unemployedmitelguy
OP Offline
Sorry about the lack of detail. I have 2 mitel sx200 icp in 2 different motels that are side by side and owned by the same owner. I have fiber running between the 2 buildings. he would like to be able to transfer calls between buildings.

If this is Motels then you have no T1s in the system, don't you? The best choice to run 2-4 Analog stations from each switch and connect them to available Trunks and use them for Transfer.

How about enabling IP trunks in each system, and utilizing the fiber network to handle the calls?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
What is he trying to accomplish? Does he want to be able to transfer directly to extensions or guest rooms between properties? If he only needs to transfer between consoles just use external call transfering via speed dial and save yourself a lot of headaches.

He probably doesn't wants to use Lines.

Typically what prevents people from transferring from one pbx to another is that they have not programmed form 30 trunk to trunk connects.

unemployedmitelguy
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
So true, but remember that motels have a limited number of trunks, that are full of calls at certain times of the day. They cannot afford to dedicate 2 trunks (actually three if you consider the other motel) to a single call. What he wants is not going to be as cheap as the customer wants, and will probably never happen. But, what is the cheapest way to do it based on NOT using extra trunks. Do the motel 200's have unused trunk ports that can be connected to ONS ports on each other's 200? If not what is the cheapest way to do it? Keep in mind that the transport medium is Fiber, so whatever system is used will have to be either fiber compatible or an interface will be required at each end. Knee jerk, what about running a used Lite node off one of the 200s and set it in the other 200's equipment room. Used trunk card and ONS card and your done? Or, put an E&M card in the node and an E&M in the 200. Next? In case you haven't figured it out, I have 0 knowledge on the 200ICP John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024