Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
A while back someone posted how you could monitor the PRI DID incoming calls via port 2002. Does anyone know if there is anyway (port) one can monitor the PMS interface port (other than just on the socket itself)? I have a situation which I am sure is a PMS vendor problem that is causing some of the admin phones to be checked in and out when certain rooms are checked in and out.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't know of anyway besides the socket. I just wonder why they are setup as guest room phones in the first place?

Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
They aren't set up as guest room phones, but if the PMS sends a check in or check out message for any extension in the system it will send or delete name and turn the phone on or off.

TDS Offline
The following conditions apply to the SX-200 ICP/PMS interface:
• Disable the following options because all room status updates are applied against the PMS database:
- System Option 33 (Room Status)
- System Option 27 (Room Status Audit)
- System Option 34 (Auto Room Status Conversion and Wakeup Print)
- COS option 244 (Room Status Applies)
- COS option 608 (Telephone - Room Status Display)

With the above conditions set
you might try enableing cos option 244 in the admin cos this might cause the admin phones to not to respond to the pms. i am guessing may have no effect

There is no sure way of monitoring with the exception of seeing whether you are connected or not. The best method of trouble shooting the pms is to use the pms emulator tool, I no longer have the software but I'm sure someone on this thread has it and can email it to you.
Ensure that you and the pms vendor are compatible with HIS or HYATT/ENCORE protocol if you are using the embedded voicemail, both formats operate at different baud rates. If not Mitel uses a format called Logistics, Logistics is standard format and every pms vendor must be compatible. The sx200icp uses those serial to ip converters so ensure that they are programmed correctly to match your protocol. The last time I checked there is a tsb called understanding pms on the sx200icp, if you have access check it out. The emulator will run on the embedded voicemail and the Mitel Depressed Messenger card
Gotta run as there is snow on the ground and a snowmobile waiting.
Mitel would not allow

unemployedmitelguy
One other thing that helps in trouble shooting is to ensure there are no pms maintenance logs, if there are reference the maitenance manual and corresponding logs number, if you see those alarm logs post the alarm code and I'm sure someone here can help you out. Typicallly alarm codes are posted when the pbx cannot talk to the pms box or the pms has failed to respond to several queries.

unemployedmitelguy
Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
TDS - thanks but already have all that done in sys options and COS option 244 does not make any difference. Unemmitgy - thanks - but already have everything up and running fine except for this one wrinkle. I did enable PMS logs yesterday (normally disable them because they don't tell you much and there are usually so many of them it causes problems trying to find other things) just in case I can discern something from them. As I said I think this is the PMS generating check in/out messages to more than one extension at a time. I do have a copy of PMS emulator which isn't really going to do anything for me in this case.

Anyway - thanks for the suggestions all. I will try to let you know what I find out from the PMS vendor.

Well it sounds like you know what the problem but in actual fact the pms emulator willl help you quite a bit, in the past when I told the pms vendor that it works with the emulator and not their equipment they were quick to find the problem. Speaking to someone this morning the reason that pms cannot be easily monitored is that a lot of the information that would be displayed is propietary to Mitel, if two roooms are been checked in at the same time you might get a bad pms room number log message.

unemployedmitelguy
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Dane, UMG has a good point. Confirm correct operation with your PMS emulator and the Mitel system. THEN, tell them it's time for THEM to confirm correct operation with THEIR Mitel emulator and their PMS system. Oh, they don't HAVE a Mitel emulator. Well then how can they prove that the problem is in the Mitel system? As far as you are concerned, there is nothing wrong with the Mitel and you HAVE tested it, why can't they test their equipment? Throw it back in their lap, with gusto. In front of the owner/manager of the property, if at all possible. I've done that more than once. That's why I get co-operation from some of the PMS folks. They KNOW I know my stuff. smile (Man, am I glad I don't have to mess with PMS anymore!) John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Dane, have you tried actually tapping the ASCII stream between the IPocket and the PMS? You should be able to log it to a text file on your laptop and analyze that to see what the PMS is sending.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,759 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,192 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (RM SYSTEMS), 103 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024