web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay bear with me as I want to try to give you as much info as I can. I had a system I was supporting for the local guy. Someone changed the password and I came up with the idea to do an initial blank database install from flashcard since I had a kermit backup file from when the install was initially done. Folks here were very good about confirming that this would reset the password and for those that offered to upload my kermit file and email me a printout.

Alex and EZ Logistics were very helpful during the process.

Now - the flashcard install went great, but the modem on the system was it's usual squirrely self and the kermit restore aborted about 1/5th of the way through. I ended up having to walk the local guy through the rest of the programming since I didn't have IP access at that particular time. Some things like the COS and COR groups and a few other things did show up as being done via the aborted kermit restore. Anyway we pretty much go it done and I have IP access now.

Their PMS interface hadn't been working for a quite a while before we did the backup and so I left all phones open for the guest rooms. So just a couple of days ago we did a conference call with the PMS people and got that working, but something weird is happening.

The check in and out is working fine and setting the rooms to LD on outgoing call restriction ( I have that enabled and PMS in form 4) but people in checked in rooms aren't able to make local or toll free calls but they are able to make 1+ calls. I finally figured out by trial and error that when I send the locals and toll free out the same route as the LD it works. I have double and triple checked everything that I know of to check (even going so far as to check it against other systems that I have working properly) and all is good. The only difference between the 1+ route and the Local / Toll free route is the COR group (which the rooms phones are not even in) the trunk group and modified digit entry are exactly the same.

The only thing I could think of is that the aborted kermit restore did something weird and wrote a little garbage somewhere that is not readable that is causing the problem, but I took out the route and COR group and rebuilt them - that didn't work so I even built a new route out for local and 800 but no luck.

One last thing - when you dial the local or 800 from the room it does allow you to dial the whole number before giving the busy signal, but I know it is not a trunk problem because the trunk group is in circular and it happens consistently that 1+ will go and local and toll free will not unless I change the route.

Any suggestions on what might be going on here?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you haven't already done so, check Form 4, options 57 and 58. These control default restriction for occupied and vacant rooms. Option 57 should be "internal" and option 58 should be "LNG DIST". I had a task just yesterday where a tech called in saying he couldn't call out; that he could dial the entire dial-strig before getting fast-busy. I had him check the console for O/G Restrict on that extension and that was the problem.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Double check your COR groups. By default, cor 1 is a member of group 1. Stranger things have happened!!!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the ideas - but those have already been checked. Rooms are COR 1 and do not appear in any COR group. The restrictions in form 4 are correct. I have pretty much compared this programming to other ones that I have working properly. When the room is checked in it does correctly set the restriction level to LD (checked on the console). As I said if I set the route to the same one as LD calls it goes fine - if not all digits are dialed and then after about 1 second it goes to a busy.

I am either missing something very simple (which is not out of the question considering I am Polish) or there is a something bizarre going on.

Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
Any thoughts on doing just a software upgrade?

Hey Dane, just a thought and you probably have checked this, but what do you have in form 26 nested under the "designation" for local and 800? If it is not that and you route the 800 call out the same route to test only as the LD then in the cor.

Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
COR is fine and 800 and local are set as LOCAL in form 26.

Sounds like there might be some corruption in the database. If you still have the kermit backup, reload it in house and convert it to a ftp backup. Then do a ftp restore.

You may need to forward the ftp ports on your router to your local ftp server. That and add your external ip address in the remote system form 47.

To verify ftp functionality, I would do a backup first using a different file name.

Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
I have all the FTP stuff ready to go - unfortunately I can't do a kermit backup since I am not on site.

I believe you checked form 23 Rout definition. Compare entry for Loc and Ld maybe you can see the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024