web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi, ok I ordered the amphenol connector with the bix and a holder. I checked the wiring color codes from the tech manual and on the block and everything seems to jive.

Now the confusion sets in. I think I'm going to be ok on the punching down of the pots line to LS/Class 1, activating 1/13/7 to be a LS/Class card.

Is there a "in a nutshell" info sheet on what to do after? I am not sure how trunks, ARS and probably several other things work.

Thanks!

Jim

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Ok good progress today!! I got the "magic jack" talking setup as a trunk on 1/13/7. I used a "Key" for a key appearance and when you call the majicjack, it rings the sets.

The problem I am having now is that none of hte sets can dial out on that ext/trunk.

I have the system setup as a TKS system, but I'm guessing that I'll have go to a PBX setup and setup the ARS stuff.

As a prove-out i changed the key appearance to CO LINE and it can be dialed out on, but cannot be assigned an extension.

TIA!

Jim

OP Offline
REVISED:

Here is the scenario:

if 1/13/7 is set to ext ext 200 and a key appearance is set to be a "Key" the expanded set shows:

key Type DIR Ring SEC DDS EXT NUM TRK NUM Label
02 Key In/Out Immed No <blank> 200 <blank> <blank>

In this configuration, a call from the outside will ring on key 2 of the set.

But if you hit key 2, you cannot dial out. It seems if I attempt to dial a number that is not known to the system then it makes it invalid.

If i switch the key appearance to CO LINE, the same key now can dial out, <ammend> Ok I dialed the the outside number and the 2 key did light up. When i picked it up on the set, it said "CO Line busy".

But! on my cel phone, it rang 5 times, hit the operator and gave me the chance to leave a message, or dial by directory or extension.

So I think reacted to quickly, I suspect I have to tell Trunk 1 to ring not to the operator but to a key appearance on the set.

OR my g/f would like it to to go to a mailbox (I did this at work but forgot what it was called) where there is a menu Press 1 for her 2 for me etc.

But one step at a time.

I hope that makes a bit more sense.

Thanks again!

Jim

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 183 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024