web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi,
I am new to Mitel systems and have previous experience only with Asterisk/AsteriskNow with quite basic setups.

I have taken over a configured Mitel 3300, and would like to set it up so that when a certain extension is dialled internally, if the line is busy it goes to voicemail. But if an external number dials the direct line and the line is busy, the call is directed to a different extension.

I'm not sure what config specific details I should provide to help...
I'd really appreciate any assistance with this, thanks!

--Josh

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Program the call forward busy external for the extension. This can be done at a display set, the console or by feature access code. The internal calls will follow the current rerouting to voice mail.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
You can also use the "Call Rerouting first alternative assignment form" to make the same thing happen. Once changes are made in this form you assigne the number to the station in the " Call rerouting assignment form"

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies. I've found the 'Feature Access Code Assignment' section and can see the 'call forward busy external' option, but I can't see where to program it for a particular extension...if I go to change that option, I just get two fields "Primary Code' "Alternate Code"?

--Josh

Just program a feature code in Primary code, like *31. Go to the phone and dial *31xxxx where xxxx is the target. This feature can be changed or deleted at the station. If you use Rerouting like Alex suggested, it can not be undone by the user.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
OP Offline
Hi Jimmyv,
I'll give that a go, thanks for the help.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
"If you use Rerouting like Alex suggested, it can not be undone by the user."
-------------------------------------------------
Not all bad!
wink

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Hi,
I've tried setting a primary code, then dialling it from a phone with the format: PrimaryCodeExtensiontoForwardTo , but I don't seem to be having any luck. Are there other steps that I should be doing? frown
(after I dial the primary code and the extension I want to forward to, it seems like it does something because the phone beeps for a few seconds, but in testing it it hasnt changed)

To program and activate Call Forward:

Lift the handset.

Dial the appropriate Call Forward Feature Access code.

Dial the destination number.

What type of phone are you trying to forward? Superset or Analog ???

Hang up.

Alex Kroger
Mitel/Hitachi
You may also want to review the below in the station COS

Programming
Ensure that the forwarding station and the destination station are permitted to connect to one another in the Interconnect Restriction Table.

For Call Forward Follow Me (Third-Party) and I Am Here forwarding, enable Call Forwarding Accept in the Class of Service Options Assignment form of the forward destination.

Program the Number Of Forward Hops in the System Options Assignment form.

To allow forwarding to an external destination, enable Call Forwarding (External Destination) in the Class of Service Options Assignment form.

To allow forwarding to an internal destination, enable Call Forwarding (Internal Destination) in the Class of Service Options Assignment form.

For Call Forward Follow Me, enable Group Call Forward Follow Me Accept and Group Call Forward Follow Me Allow in the Class of Service Options Assignment form.

For Call Forward Follow Me (Third Party), enable Third Party Call Forward Follow Me Allow in the Class of Service Options Assignment form for the remote telephone.

If you intend to use feature access codes in Operation, assign the following codes in the Feature Access Code Assignment form:

Call Forwarding Busy (Ext & Int Source)

Cancel Call Forwarding Busy (Ext & Int Source)

Call Forwarding Busy (External Source)

Call Forwarding Busy (Internal Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (Ext & Int Source)

Cancel Call Forwarding No Answer (Ext & Int Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (External Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (Internal Source)

Call Forwarding Follow Me

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me Remote

Call Forwarding Follow Me Third Party

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me Third Party

Call Forwarding I Am Here

Alex Kroger
Mitel/Hitachi
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024