web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#110663 10/15/09 07:56 AM
OP Offline
I bought a cordless phone for the hotel a few months ago and linked it up with the system so that we could have a night mode as well as a day mode. The system worked fine for the past few months but for some reason (since last night) I can only receive outside phone calls when it is on night mode.

I tested it and I still receive in-house calls during when it is on day mode, and I can still make outgoing calls both in-house and out-of-house.

Also, when an outside call comes in, the person calling should get the automated system when it is on day mode, but all it is doing instead is ringing through.

If anyone can help with this, I'd be most appreciative.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#110664 10/15/09 10:12 AM
OP Offline
I thought about this and I think something has to be wrong with the automated attendant extension. When the phone is on night mode it bypasses this extension, so I am able to receive out-of-house calls.

Like I said, on day mode, I can still make calls in-house, out-of-house and I can still receive in-house calls, but not out of house. Is there anyway to make the phone (when on day mode) simply bypass the auto-attendant and ring straight to the front desk console?

I could just leave it on night mode all of the time, but the problem is the night phone won't let me be on two lines at once and I cannot transfer calls to rooms from it.

#110665 10/15/09 10:43 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
"Is there anyway to make the phone (when on day mode) simply bypass the auto-attendant and ring straight to the front desk console?" YES
-------------------------------------------------
But why not see what's wrong with the auto-attendent? It is probably a box roughly 5 X 8 mounted on the wall or sitting on something . Near the phone system in either case. It may be an EZ, a Viking, Extend-a-call, or some other brand. It could be as simple as it is locked up and needs to be unplugged from AC power (Probably a small wall transformer) for a couple of minutes, then plugged back in. Before you do that, see if you can determine the extension(s) it is connected to. Then call it/them individually and see if the unit answers. If it does, then there is nothing wrong with it. Which would indicate something else has happened. Had ANY work done on ANYTHING telephone associated recently. Credit card machine, alarm, room extension failure that had to be fixed. Has ANYBODY been in the phone room for ANYTHING. Maybe they inadvertently unplugged the telephone cord(s) to the AA. Maybe they 'borrowed' the cords for room phones! Any and all of these things have caused exactly the problem you are having. If you find the AA and want more help, we are here. In any case, please come beack and tell us what happened. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#110666 10/15/09 11:58 AM
OP Offline
Lightninghorse,

Thanks for the help!

As you suggested, the first thing that I did was attempt to manually dial the extension for the automated attendant, and that extension did not work. I went to the electrical room and manually unplugged the unit, then I waited for two minutes and plugged it back in. It works just fine, now, thanks!

I'm actually a little embarassed that I did not think of that, anytime I have a problem with the wireless Internet that's always the first thing I try to do!

Thanks again!

#110667 10/15/09 12:03 PM
I love it when a plan comes together. Thanks for getting back with results, we really appreciate confirmation. Come back anytime, please. Remember, you do motels, we do phones. That's why we are here and why you came here. John C

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#110668 10/15/09 12:23 PM
OP Offline
Believe me, I will!

#110669 10/17/09 04:27 PM
OP Offline
Same problem, I figured no problem, same solution...not so much!

Do you think it could be the surge protector the AA is plugged into? The indicator light says it works, and it is plugged into the same surge protector as all of the other phone lines (which work). Maybe the AA itself is just going bad if it can do such a thing.

If everything else fails and it is the AA, how would I program the console to bypass the AA for all out-of-house incoming calls until I can get a new one, please?

#110670 10/17/09 04:45 PM
OP Offline
UPDATE:

I decided to disconnect the AA from the surge protector and then wait a few minutes and plug it back in. I figured that is effectively the same thing as unplugging the whole setup (including surge protector) but you never know. As you would expect, that did not work.

At that point, I noticed that the indicator light on the AA immediately turned back on when I plugged it back into the surge protector. I decided to turn only the AA off for five minutes (while leaving the rest of it plugged in) and then turning it back on. Strangely enough, that did work.

I'm inclined to believe the AA is just going and rebooting the AA only and have it working is purely coincidental because unplugging it then plugging it back in should theoretically do the same thing, should it not?

Do you think that the AA must be going? If so, it would be much easier for me to bypass the thing while I wait for a new one rather than making sure it is checked every half hour.

#110671 10/18/09 05:27 AM
Reprogramming incoming daytime destinations for the trunks is a technician action. It isn't available in the same manner that Night destinations can be.
In order to help you out, you (and we) have to know:
1. The software version
2. You have to know how to get into programming.
3. You have to know your trunk port programming numbers, in the range of 501-580.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 144 guests, and 389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024