web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
VOIP Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 3300 I am just about ready to deploy. I have the trunks set to be answered by voice mail hunt group. The operator mailbox is set as transfer only and the extension is the number of a hunt group. The hunt group members are button assignments on a 5140. Which all works without a hitch. When a call comes in, if they press zero or it times out it goes to the 5140. I find that a 5140 or 5025 with a pkm48 is a better solution than an attendant console, in smaller facilities.
When I change the operator's mailbox from transfer only to menu node. Now if you press Zero or it times out the response is "I'm Sorry but no one is available to take your call." My menu choices work except zero and I can still dial an extension. I tried extension number blank, zero and the hunt group all of them worked the same. I even tried setting up another voice mailbox and set it as transfer only, that failed also. What did I miss?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What are you trying to accomplish? Why did you change the mailbox type in the first place?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
What is 0 in the switch HG,Sp dial, LDN ? and is it rerouted

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
VOIP Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, I have been away from this stuff for to long. It is amazing what you forget in three years. Turns out I was over-thinking the situation. Zero the operator is a mailbox that transfers to a hunt group. First off I have never used MLAA before this install. I assumed it was not working because of the message. The reason for the message is that I did not record the greeting for that mailbox. Yes I got a little egg on my face but it is all good. I feel the time you feel you waste is all worth while if in the end you learned something in the process. Thank you all!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024