web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I have dealt with the SX50 since it first came out and since it uses "registers" to program it is not fun to deal with. You do not have any switches on the card for LS or GS, it is in programming where you tell it what type of trunk.
The trunks are punched down every other pair starting at the top of the block. You would ony use 8 pairs on an 8 port card. If you have a manual you should have some programming forms. Trunks are programmed in the 5XX forms so your 65 trunk would be under 565.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

REW Offline
I will confirm Steves post. There are no switches to flip for loop or ground start on a SX50. That is all done in programming. If you do connect a trunk and it wont work try reverseing the polarity on the trunks. (You have two wires per trunk, just swap positions with them.)

So your trunk card is in slot #9? How many trunks are active on the card?

jbo Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes slot 9 is where the trunk card is, nothing in slot 10.

I am not sure how many are active,I do know there are 8 available. I will be trying to get this figured out this coming week.

Go to the block (SX-50 side) where the CO lines are jumpered and see how many trunks have dial tone. Do you know how to check for ground start/ loop start?

jbo Offline OP
OP Offline
Zero of them should have dial tone, correct? They won't have tone until I cross connect them to the telco lines?

Also, I do not know how to check for ground start/loop start. I have a butt set and can get dial tone on any ext and the telco lines. But cannot get an outside line from sx-50 side at all even with the 9 before number.

You have to have Telco dial tone cross connected to the ports on card slot 9. With your butt set on the telco do you get dial tone when you come off hook? If you do then they are loop start, if you don't then they are ground start and you need to touch a wire that is hooked up to a ground to the ring side of the line. If that brings dial tone then you have to cross the line observing polarity to the system.

jbo Offline OP
OP Offline
Yep, thats what I assumed. They are loop start based on the fact I can get tone when coming off hook.

Thanks, I appreciate all this help you folks have been giving me.

jbo Offline OP
OP Offline
Next item is going to be getting the sys programmed for ls lines as opposed to gs lines. Will be researching that this evening then hopefully getting that fixed tomorrow and her phone sys should come alive when I connect the telco lines to the trunk locations.

command 565 would be your 1st trunk on card in slot 9. registers b,c,d,e, and i should be ones. follow that for the next trunk, 566, and so on. be sure to turn register 1 bit "i" to a 0 for unused trunk ports on the card. 565 register 2 bit "g": 0 is loop start, 1 is ground start. be sure to "save" as you go.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024