web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Can someone tell me if the Mitel Attendant Console software version 3.2 is compatible with Windows 7? Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Okay, I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you talking about the old consoles that doubled as a PC-based PMS system, called "Superset 700" or something like that?

Or are you talking about something new like the Superset 5550 Attendant consoles?

What are you trying to do?

For windows in general, downward compatibility is built in. Anything that ran on Win 98 will usually run on XP, nearly anything that ran on XP will usually run on Vista, etc., so whatever it is, it'll probably work.

OP Offline
Thanks for response. I actually have the Inter-tel Axxess system ver 8.2 and have been running the Axxess console software ver 3 on an older Dell pc with XP. The Axxess software had the original parallel security key and when we tried installiing on a newer Dell platform, still XP we found the security key wouldn't work, it wasn't being recognized as installed on the pc and ordered the new USB hasp/security key which came with newer Mitel console software. Thats why I posted in the Mitel section. The software sez it's compatible with XP and Vista but does not mention Win 7, I assume it probably hadn't been released at that time. So my question is will the Mitel Console software, I believe ver 3.2 run on Win 7? Thanks in advance for your time.

Ah, gotcha.

You see, Intertel and Mitel merged a couple of years ago, which is why the security key is Mitel-branded. But I think that you'll find a better answer in the Intertel forum.

I've worked with the Intertel Axxess very little, but in my experience it's a bit sensitive, so I'd assume that you need XP or Vista unless you can find documentation otherwise.

It's always good to keep "Legacy" laptops lying around for this very reason. I have an IBM 600 thinkpad running Win98SE that I use for many telephony aps because it has an Honest-To-Goodness 9-Pin RS232 port.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024