web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Would one of you like to assist me in gaining access to my Mitel SX200 with lost password. I am willing to pay, but dont want to pay Mitel, would prefer a Vendor. I have the Maintenance terminal set up, just need some help getting the password reset. I have invested interest in a family hotel and originally worked with the tech installing it, he has since passed away. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
You REALLY don't have a choice, Mitel is the only place that can reset the password. As a non-dealer, you'll probably have to get a dealer rep on site to do it. [Frown]

However, common password methods I'm aware of are: last four of your fax number or voice number, sometimes backward. Ditto tech's that installed it.Tech's birth date in some form. Remember to disconnect and reconnect after 2 failures. 3 consecutive failures will lock you out for 5-10 minutes.

Welcome to sundance and please come back, maybe we can help next time! welcome

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
You can try logging on as Maint1 with the default PW. This will often give you nearly all the same menu items.

In the same vein as WNICKERSON I have a question...

Does anyone know how much Mitel will charge to reset a password on a 200Light? If I get the business, there is no modem attached and all of the pw configs I could think of would not work.

Any other suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated. I currently have absolutely no access into the system.

Customer bought a hotel and the 200L came with it and no documentation of course.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
Lightninghorse,

I didn't see your reply to the other thread. So excuse my entire question but will Mitel help if there is no remote access to the system?

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
This is the 'microwave' cabinet, I hope. Some folks call the light 15-16/G1005-6 floppy disc system a 200L, which is correct.The 'microwave' is technically the 200ML/EL.Reason I ask as the floppy system is NOT supported in any way, shape, or form. And the ML/EL has to be upgraded to 19.3 after they reset the password. And you pay for that upfront. The password reset is $700-$1000, depending on the vendor that makes the arrangements. PM sent

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
You can try as many times as you want on a 200 it wion't lock you out.If this is a hotel and you have the moss sheets id all the ext's on the blocks and default it and reprogram it.Hotels aren't that hard to program.

@mingo,

I thought of that unfortunately, no MOSS sheets to be found and previous owner "has no idea" about any phone records.

@Lightninghorse,

Definitely a Light with the disk drives and the other cabinets with that stupid black cover that has to be removed so you can unscrew the front cover to get to the cards.

Jon

Mark Twain
I thought on the floppies you don't need a moss sheet you just purchased disks that had the options and users you needed.

Look on the disks and post what software revision they are I may be able to help you out.

You are right, I mispoke. Too used to having MOSS sheets on the 200EL & ICP.

Will do, but one other thing...have not located the "spare" set(s) yet so will have to take the system down to let you know if the customer is willing.

Trying to explain to the customer that it's not because the system is a Mitel that we don't have access but because previous users/techs changed the PW and we don't know it. He still doesn't grasp that yet. :bang:

Jon

Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,268 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,385 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 139 guests, and 398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024