web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
1. When I am on the phone with a customer and someone else calls, the phone notifies me with one ring. My boss would like it to continuously ring. How would I go about making that happen.
2. At the other hotel location, somehow they have deactivated the night option. I mean when they put the phone on night setting it rings and rings and no answering machine or anything picks up. What do I need to do to get the recording to come back when you set the phone to night.
3. Some of the rooms are on "lock" status. When I try to put a call through to the room I get a busy signal and "lock" shows up on the switchboard. How do I unlock that room?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
1.Assuming SX50, that's all there is, assuming you are talking about the console.
2.Look at "Flexible Night Service" in the console guide. Someone has redirected the calls to.... ?
(This often turns out to be a vacant room so the night clerk can 'nap'.)
3.Lock is normally caused by the phone being off-hook for an extended time. Usually, the problem is cleared by hanging up the phone. Then wait 5 minutes and try to make a call from the room. If that is OK, then try calling the room from the console.

All these answers are based on SX50. 200D/LIGHT/ML-EL/IPC Have similar, but different, answers. We need to know the system model in future posts.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
it is SX50

OP Offline
i am not able to find "flexible night service". dont really understand where to look for it. and no one should redirect calls b/c we are only open til 10pm. i did hit and hold down the night button, and when i did i got "trk-57 night answer point ???" so i typed in 401 so it displayed "trk-57 night answer point hnt-401". so now it is ringing at the front desk even when its on night opposed to just ringing and ringing. did i mess it up?

Depending on how many trunks (incoming lines), you hold down the night key and push the * key to go to the next trunk to set it to it's night mode as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,174 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024