web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Terces Offline OP
OP Offline
I am new to this forum and looking for advice on an issue I am trying to work out with our 3300.

We have a hunt group ext 1800 which is set as a multicall appearance on about 10 phones. The problem is, when the user picks the call up, the call stays on the 1800 appearance. When they place the caller on hold for length of our set Call Hold Timer, all 10 phones ring again which someone else could end up picking up the call.

Is there a way to make the system pull the call off of 1800 onto the extension of the user that picked it up?

Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well, the best way would be to take it off of a hunt group and make it an ACD or UCD group.

Or you could rebuild the hunt group so that each of the phones is in the hunt group as an extension -- It sounds like you've got an answer point instead of an actual hunt group.

what does the call progress look like? For example:

Call comes in --> Answered at 1800, please hold for available --> MOH --> 1800 multicall rings on 10 phones?

I recommend:

Call comes in --> Goes into hunt group 1800, 1801 - 1810 are hunt group members, --> call goes to first phone not busy, --> rings until answered or goes to voicemail.

OR:

Call comes in --> goes to ACD/UCD loop --> First available phone gets it --> On no_answer, drops back into queue and logs out n/a phone --> If not answered timely overflows to operator or other place.

You vendor should be able to set up the hunt group as I described, or can create a UCD group. ACD requires additional licenses.

Terces Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank You Telephoneguy for your information. Funny thing, I looked further into the phone system and found that 1800 is not in the hunt group "not shure why it was programed that way" I believe they intended it to be a hunt group and labeled the extension as such, but never programmed it in. I will be doing some testing on my side to see if creating a "real" hunt group will accomplish what the users are requesting.

My hope is to set it as such:

Call comes in to 1800 --> End User (EXT 1803) picks it up but needs to put them on hold --> MOH --> 3 minutes goes by --> only EXT 1803 rings with the person on hold.

Many thanks from a guy that was handed the task of keeping up a system that has been ignored and neglected for years. We recently upgraded it from an old SX-200 with 6 bays to our new 3300 ICP that still has to run the bays but now we will slowly start implementing IP phones in the near future.

Cheers

Technically, it sounds like the keys are set up as 'multi-call' appearences of 1800, and they all ring simultaneously when a call comes in. The trick is to get the calls off of the multi-call keys, and onto your 'prime line'. Depending on a few circumstances, you may be able to do accomplish that by adding a 'pickup' key onto your phones, so the calls are brought to the prime line, when answered. The hold recall features are then dependant on your prime line, not the multi-calls.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
I've seen call centers that did that... 1800 would be a night bell or other signal, and the available answer points would dial the pick-up code. Whoever dialed first got the call.

For that, you just need to make a pickup group.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 151 guests, and 357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024