web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#114736 10/25/11 08:43 PM
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer with 5 offices. Each office has 3 C.O. lines that they must keep. They want site-to-site connectivity between the offices with a common voicemail. In other words, voicemail handled on the corporate controller with one box per location. They also said they need advanced, advanced call reporting. I first looked at the Vertical systems that I usually sell, and soon gave up. After looking at many systems it seems that the Mitel 3300 CXi II, one at each branch would do this job with Business Dashboard. Where it got confusing for me was the licensing. Do you have to buy Business Dashboard for each controller that you want data from? What other licenses would be required, and what comes standard with the controller? Is a license really required to use the 'Computer' jack on a Mitel IP phone? One license read 'Centralized Voicemail and Centralized Attendant'...but can't call handling programming just route the calls to one voicemail anyway? When all is said and done I'm sure a Mitel dealer should figure all this out, but essentially I'm just trying to figure out if I'm making a sound recommendation and expand my understanding of Mitel. I feel I'm soon about to give up on Vertical and take the Mitel training anyway. Thanks for any input.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#114737 10/26/11 06:36 AM
How many phones are at each location?No need for a liscence to use the jack on the phone.

#114738 10/26/11 08:47 AM
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the quick reply! Thus far they've used POTS wireless phones. Only managers would need IP phones, so probably two or three per location. The sales floor would probably use a POTS wireless base connected to an analog port so they have floating handsets on the sales floor. Also I should mention I already have a site-to-site VPN set up so you can ping a local IP address in the correct subnet and get the remote device's response. As I understand it Mitel counts that as an 'IP trunk license' for each call traversing that IP address at a time. I plan to not use the WAN port on the controllers.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
#114739 10/27/11 01:04 AM
Most of the references you've made to licensing (i.e. 2nd port activation, individual IP Trunk licenses), apply to the SX200 ICP's not the 3300's. The 3300 does have the same licensing requirements for IP/analog sets (depending on hardware choices).

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
#114740 10/27/11 03:29 AM
You may want to look at pricing out some teleworkers for the remote locations and host them off the main site and just use sip for the analog stuff.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024