Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Condor Offline OP
OP Offline
Good day everyone,

I've got a Mitel SX-200 that I'm having a small issue with. I have a user (x2054) which is going to be out on leave for a bit and has requested that all calls and voicemail be forwarded to another user (x2022). I know that I can forward the calls by using the Superkey (the phones are Mitel Superset 4025's) however if the user at x2022 doesn't answer the caller is being sent to the voicemail of x2054.

How do I hand off the call and have the caller end up in the voicemail box of x2022 rather then x2054?

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is it a 200 icp with embedded v mail??

Condor Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by XetaTech:
Is it a 200 icp with embedded v mail??
Yes it has embedded voicemail (Nu-Point Messenger I believe).

Nu-Point Messenger a/k/a Mitel Mail is not embedded. It's a separate box in the phone room.

The NPM may be a white horizontal box (Model 70), a tall black tower box (model 120) or a rack-mounted abomination with tubes and cables and a vaguely space-alien look (Model 640). If you have NPM, you probably have a Mitel SX-200 EL (looks like a stack of microwave ovens).

SX-200 ICP with embedded voicemail is "built-in." The EMEM can be accessed from form 49 and form 50.

Embedded means that it's in the same box as the PBX, not that it integrates seamlessly (as any voicemail should, embedded or not).

For the SX200 ICP with EMEM, I believe that you can set the mailbox to notify the other extension. I can't remember if NPM allows you to notify a different extension or not. I seem to recall that it lets you copy a message to a new mailbox automatically, though.

If these are DID extensions (i.e. an outside caller dials (xxx) xxx-2022 to get extension 2022, or (xxx) xxx-2054 to get extension 2054, AND if this is an ICP, then you can use form 55 to go to 2022 vice 2054, and the VM will never know that it was a call for 2054.

If this is an EL, you can temporarily change the extension number of extension 2054 (to, maybe 5554?) and then use the "Unassigned DID" field in form 19 to point to extension 2022. Again, the VMail will never know that the incoming call dialed extension 2054, and the call will go to 2022. Warning: All calls to unassigned DIDs will go to extension 2054, so he may get a few wrong-number calls.

If anything I posted doesn't make sense to you, call a licensed Mitel Dealer and have them make this happen for you.

Condor Offline OP
OP Offline
telephoneguy,

Thanks for the reply. I do not have a form 49 or 50 when logged in as a installer user. However I also don't see an external box as described.

Anyways, Under form 19 I also do not see an option for Unassigned DID, I do see some with reference to vacant, but nothing for Unassigned.

What are the users forwarded to? If it's just a hunt group you'll likely have problems. If a speed dial, then you could do a work around IMHO.

Condor Offline OP
OP Offline
When an outside caller calls x2054 with call forwarding setup they are sent to x2022. However is x2022 does not pick up the phone, the caller is sent back to the voicemail of x2054. We'd like the caller to be sent to the voicemail of x2022 since x2054 is out on leave and will not be answering calls.

Thanks!

Like I said, what or how are they forwarded to vmail, you may have to look at a set to determine the destination

You do not have an ICP. You probably have an EL.

You may have Mitel eXpress Messenger, which would be a card in the EL cabinet -- the cabinet that looks like a microwave oven. You would either program the mailbox through the master mailbox or through a program called Mitel Express Manager that plugs via serial cable to the front of the MXM card.

Danger: Selecting the wrong menu option will delete the entire database. You may want to call in a telephone professional to deal with this.

Also, what John is asking is for the Voicemail Pilot Number. If you go to a working extension that is not involved in this, and check where the call forward on busy/No answer currently points, what is that number? It might go straight to voicemail, or it might go to a speed dial number that goes to voicemail.

No offense Condor, but I really strongly suggest that you get a phone guy involved here. I know that PBX probably falls under your IT job description, but there's no shame in calling a contractor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 86 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024