web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Toner Online Happy OP
Admin
OP Online Happy
Admin
I found that when I changed extension numbers from default (say extn. 305 became a virtual extn. and the 5th digital port became extn. 400) the dss buttons and/or call coverage buttons for extn. 305 would also indicate for extn. 400 (as it was now on 305's original digital port). Call coverage keys would even ring for the other extension - but could not be answered. I tried clearing the programming for the buttons and re-building them, but that didn't work. The only way to solve the problem seemed to be to cycle the power to the KSU.

On a similar note;
Some of the voicemail buttons consistently flash red instead of the normal green. There is no message in the mailbox, but the key does call the voicemail when the button is pressed. What would cause this?

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Ok, virtual MB's always flash red on the phone. Real MB keys should flash green. Now, you may not like this next part. What you are explaining sounds like database corruption. Unfortunately the i-series seems to be plagued by this. Without knowing exactly whats happening and going by what you said it sounds like a database corruption since the programming isn't working right. If you aren't an i-series tech you may want to find one or get one.

I have never had that problem with swapping virtuals with real ports. I have about 5 systems out there that we routinely do this to.
So I think that you have an isolated case that like Coral tech said is contributed to corruption.

More FYI.
Had a 124i rev 1.2 crash over the weekend. Replaced cabinet worked great - Lost programming though (probally the CMOS battery).
Anyway replace cabinet with new style power supply. As a result the 16Btn Non Display will NO LONGER off-hook voice announce. They will ONLY do it with the older Power supply (per tech support).
Go figure.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Toner Online Happy OP
Admin
OP Online Happy
Admin
So if corruption is the problem, does the whole system have to be factory defaulted? Is there any chance that the database corrected itself when I cycled the power?

Also, the two sets I know of that get the flashing red light also get a flashing green light when there is a valid message. Maybe this problem also cleared itself during the shutdown?

Thanks for the replies.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Thats the rub if you have a database corruption. I have had the weirdest crap happen and when I default the system and re-program it all is well. You simply can never have enough backups on these systems IMHO. Like I said you may need a tech to come in and look at your situation if you aren't i-series certified.

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024