web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
mauddib Offline OP
OP Offline
I have set up virtual extension 73 to ring the number 557 (this is done in 0502).

I have set button 11 on 5 phones to be virual extension 73 (1006, select station port, select button 11, use code 1036. 557 as the ADD info)

I have set all the extensions to ring in all modes (1016 - port number - button number, all items set to 1).

Of the 5 phones I have set this one, two of them dont make a ringing noise, but the light on button 11 is flashing on all 5.

Any thoughts?

GmcB

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

mauddib Offline OP
OP Offline
worse again is the problem that although the above solution worked for my needs for some reason now when anyone rings extension 200 they are getting other stations instead, regardless of whether station 200 is in the same Station or ring groups as the other stations.

Sounds like all is right, I can't think of anything to suggest other than to double check, are you using PC programming, if so try doing by hand through the phone. I have had issues with all programming being sent properly numurous times.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Don't use the software. Just use button programming.
Go SPK-851-hit the key-dial 1036-put in the phantom extension number-hit hold-dial 1-2-3-4-hit hold again- hit SPK to hangup.

When you hit hold the first time it writes the key-then asks you which mode you want it to ring in. 1-2-3-4 turns on ringing in day/night/midnight/rest.

mauddib Offline OP
OP Offline
Im beginning to think our system is haunted. Even our reseller cant figure out some of the problems we're having.

As I said above when you ring 557 the virtual extension button on 5 phones rings.

On extension 200 we have set button 22 to be code 1000. Reception presses the button and hits 1 to set then 557 to divert calls to that virtual extension. All was good. This worked great. (Obviously 1806 is also set so calls to our main number go to 200, otherwise you cant divert the calls this way).

However today, for no apperant reason, when we now do this same thing calls dont get to us. While the divert is set if you call the main number from outside on a phone you get the "Number not in service" tones.

must be gremlins, Try doing a backup on the system, Preferably, do a back up to a PC as well and then reset the system. May not fix it but then again may clear some corruption that may have occured.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024