web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#119118 06/23/01 07:24 AM
OP Offline
We route voice traffic bewteen our 2 facilities (in 2 states) over a T1. On our end, we have a Lucent System 85 PBX. From there, though a NorTel DE-4 Enhanced channel bank to the CSU. I am in local alarm on the channel bank, and amber alert on DTE on the CSU. If I put the channel bank in loop, all 24 4-wire E&M cards busy out. But a sI try to route traffic through them (by repeatedly attempting place calls) only 6 of the E&M cards light. (the same six in succession) I have done this "test" (poor choice of words I guess) in the past, so I know that if you make at least 24 attempts, you will light each of the 24 cards. So why would I only be hitting 6 out of 24? I have a bad feeling its the PBX (Which Lucent no longer supports) I can find no-one that knows anything about either the PBX or the channel bank. Could someone offer some ideas to a desperate Facility Engineer? Thanks.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Sorry,but I do not have any experience on either of these items.Hopefuuly someone else on the board does.

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
First I would swap card 7 with card 24 and see if its a bad card that is stopping the calls.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024