web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
The equipment is 824-Centrex software. I want to have a transfered call (from the attendant) go to a busy station (i have that station clfwd/busy to another station with a mailbox) and have the caller leave a message there. Why does the caller always end up in the General Delivery mailbox? Is this configuration something that the systems just can't do? It seems that there is some "automatic/default" programming taking over that I am not aware of.
Also...can the Nortel system that I have here have anything like "pilot" numbers or
"virtuals" be programmed, to help with groups of phones ringing? Thanks in advance.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

How are you transferring,by transfer key or link key?Also is there a mailbox set up for the station you have call forwarded?

[This message has been edited by openwire (edited 07-05-2001).]

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by openwire:
How are you transferring,by transfer key or link key?Also is there a mailbox set up for the station you have call forwarded?

[This message has been edited by openwire (edited 07-05-2001).]
</font>

OP Offline
The caller is ringing at the attendant(x221-2 dss's & a 7324)--she is xfering with a transfer key. The extension to which the caller is being transfered has no v.m box but the extension to which IT is clfwd busy/n.a. after 6 rings has a v.m. box. I have tried to emulate a "hunt group" by putting clfwd busy n.a. to two phones then the last phone goes to a third phone with a v.m box. This is done in 4 different groups in the system. None of them work now like i want them to. They all end up in the general delivery box. thanks.

transferred calls will not follow call forwarding,that is why it is going to the general delivery mailbox.email me your phone number and I will call you and discuss what it is you are trying to accomplish.I will admit I am a bit confused.
Bruce
[email protected]

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 133 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024