web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a number of 7324 phones connected to a 616 and am having problems programming external numbers into the autodial programmable buttons.

I've got the number into the button by doing the following:

External Autodial:
Feature * 1
Press the button to be programmed
Dial the number, then press the soft button under 'OK'

This works fine. But it's after I program the number that
I can't use it. When I press the button the display says "No free lines". However, if I press one of the green buttons to get a line and then press the programmed number button it works fine. Is this how it's supposed to work or should it automatically allocate a line when I press the programmed number button?

My problem is that the system definitely does have spare lines but the
extension or the system doesn't appear to be able to allocate them.

Does anyone have any ideas where I've programmed the system incorrectly

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
You may have to put in an access code before the number so that the system can grab a line automatically. Try this. Grab a line and then push the one-touch button---if it dials out THAT way---then everything is OK--except all you're missing is the "9" before the number---if that is your access code. See what happens when you dial a "9"---do you get a line? It seems like your basic programming procedure is correct---you're just not getting a line. If you can't get a line with a "9"---then you'll probably have to put your lines in a dial "9" group. Wait for some of the NT experts here for some more advice. Just some thoughts. Good Luck

OP Offline
Thanks very much for the speedy response. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. We've just moved offices (hence the new phone system) and in the old office I had to press a 9 to get a line everytime. I keep doing that in the new place (old habits die hard) and it definitely doesn't get a line.

Cheers for your help. I'll go through the manual once more, in case I've missed anything.

Cheers,
Crom

you will need to assign all your lines to a pool a, then you need to assign all your sets to prime line pool a

If your phone is primed to intercom insert a 9. If primed to line pool then no 9 is needed. If you have direct line acces on your phones, you can program the button this way. Feature*1, press the button you want to program, press the button with a line appearance then the number without a 9. I know this works on a MICS.

OP Offline
Thanks very much everyone. We do have direct access to lines and all I had to do was select a line to dial out on before I put the number in.

thanks again,
Crom

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Professor Shadow, Curlycord, dans, Toner), 94 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024