web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#121376 06/02/04 01:18 AM
OP Offline
Does any one know which sets by Nortel part#,(NT2K08??-35) which 2008 and 2616's require an in line pwr board (inside the set)
OR....
Might anyone have a Nortel part list with descriptions or a web site that may have this kind of info?

In our refurb process, one of our customers have ID's some sets that they say need this installed.
I am finding that thier info is inconsistant with other info or what we see from other customers, so I need to get the skinny,

Thanks as always!

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I believe if I remember correctly -you only need in-line power if you connect an add on unit to the phone. And if the jacks line up the same way on the back of the phone, then no in-line power needed. However if the jacks are flip flopped then in-line power is needed.

I hope I have that correct [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] If not someone will correct me.

OP Offline
Crabb,
Thanks for the input.
I am really looking for the NT part# w/descriptions, this is why:
The sets are ordered by NT part#, which it has embedded into it, weather or not in line pwr is icluded, or display or data etc... the problem is our customer is calling for in line pwr when the set really shouldn't.
On the other hand;
When a tech goes to a site to replace a Def set, which has add on's, I don't want him to get a set that should have the in line pwr, but doesn't!
I could install in line pwr to all sets going out, but I don't have that many to go around, so I really need to put them only in sets that they belong.

I believe if it is an NT2K number it needs in-line power and a NT9K has in-line power built into the phone.
I was just told that NT2K phones may or may not need in-line power- you can't go by the part number alone. Some need it and some have it built in. You have to look at the jacks on the back of the phones to determine. But NT9K phones have in-line power built in.

Hope that helps

[This message has been edited by Crabb (edited June 02, 2004).]

OP Offline
Thanks Crabb, actually it does.
I am going to create a matrix using your info as a guide.
Thanks again,
Telset

This is an old thread, but since I just wasted 5 hours on tracking this down there are probably others out there.

As someone pointed out, any power considerations are only necessary for add ons not including the display. The document that I mention below details all the aspects of these models, it's just spread around the document. I'm currently using NTZK sets that have handsfree and displays without any additional power. I was confused by the sparse product descriptions when I looked some new sets, thinking that I needed to care which version I bought.

Reference document:
Telephone and Attendant Console Installation
Doc 553-3001-215
v12 Jan 2002

From Doc:

Note: There are three distinct versions of M2000 Series Meridian Digital Telephones – all three are supported. The versions can be clearly distinguished by the first four letters in the upper left-hand corner of the model identification label on the bottom of the telephone.

The three versions are as follows:

• the“NTZK”models,
• the “NT2K” models with date code prior to April 24, 1998
• the third version includes both the “NT9K” models and the “NT2K” models with date code of April 24, 1998 and later. In addition, the two jacks face in the same direction on “NT2K” and
“NT9K” telephones, and in opposite directions on “NTZK” telephones. When appropriate, differences between the models are noted in this
document.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
Thanks for posting Late Guy! smile

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024