web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#121797 08/17/04 08:03 AM
OP Offline
I had a tech come in and try to upgrade my MICS 4.1 to new 6.1 software. Prior to upgrade he backed up the config with a RAD to his laptop. When upgrading he had problems and had to downgrade back to 4.1. He did this by defaulting the system and then reloading the backup from his laptop via RAD. Now I can't get any Pri access to or from the outside world. System works fine internally dialing set to set,but no outsdie access. I asked on another board and 2 vendors told me that you can't backup keys over RAD and I'll need to get new keys generated. Also, the tech who did the work said that the sysID changed, which leads me to believe that the old keys wouldn't work anyway. Any help is appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#121798 08/17/04 10:10 AM
If the system is defaulted then you lost all codes entered to the system and the system ID has to be changed ,you will need to buy get another PRI enabler and enter it again and reprogram the system ,and I would like to add try a different technician or vendor(find a qualified tech) I also suggest before attempting to do so that you sure that you want to stay with the current revision I prefer rel 6.1 not an older one but to do so you have to be sure again that you have a current VM to be compatible .I hope that helps.

#121799 08/17/04 10:13 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Sam. Kinda what I thought. What do I need to check to see if VM is compatible.

#121800 08/17/04 11:27 AM
If you have a NAM it’s recommended to be rel 4.1 to work with MICS rel 6.1(or if its 4.0 at least it should be loaded with the appropriate patches) or if it’s a flash it should be rel. 2.and all call pilot releases will work with MICS rel 6.1.

#121801 09/21/04 09:11 AM
OP Offline
Just a follow up. I got Bellsouth to come out and regenerate PRI keys for me and got the system working. Now there seems to be a problem with inbound calls. We only have a fractional PRI with 10 channels. When the Tech who caused all the problems was out here he told me that Sprint had my PRI configured for the wrong protocol (NI-1) when it should be NI-2. Had Sprint make the changes and then BellSouth came out and installed the keys and my PRI is up and working. Now when some folks call in they get a fast busy or "all circuits are busy" recording. The fast busy used to happen occasinally, but now it's multiple times a day with phone usage at the same level as before. Talking to some phone techs they said my PRI should be set to DMS100 protocol because the switch on the Sprint end does the conversion to NI-1. Any idea if this is accurate? BTW, having Sprint turn up all 23 channels this Friday to see if that makes a difference.

#121802 10/20/04 03:52 AM
Did you ever find out the answer to your question:

"PRI should be set to DMS100 protocol because the switch on the Sprint end does the conversion to NI-1. Any idea if this is accurate?"

My service provider is having problems bringing my two PRIs up, and I am trying to confirm that my board is setup okay. They told me to use NI1 or DMS100 or DMS250. My Dialogic board gives me an option of NI2 or DMS. Do you know if there is any difference between the two as far as compatibility with NI2?

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,242 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 72 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024