web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
(6X12) Compact DR5 with a StarTalk Mini.

I can't seem to get the Auto Attendant to work the way I would like.

First, I see a prompt asking CCR tree, I can't seem to get other than "1" to work, This only have 1 tree?

Second, if more than 1 how can I link the second tree? (for a list of additional options press 3 -> for x pres 1, fror y press 2) Should be simple but can't find it in there. But if limit to 1 tree then I could see it.

Next, On the completion of the Info mailbox, how can I get it to go back to the main greeting? currently I have it set to "home" and it rings the operator.

Finally how can I get the operator's Mailbox to actually be the operators Mailbox rather than the General Mailbox. Or how can I get the General Mailbox show some sort of notification at the Operators phone? Operator is ext 25.

Thaks in advanced.
Bill

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Bill, the # 1 tree can have 9 paths plus sub menu paths( Path 1 sub menu paths are 11, 12 13 etc.). You would record your 1st menu at path 0. (IE Thanks you for calling ACME, For sales press 1, for service press 2. etc. etc.)When you build path 1, you would most likely build it as a Transfer point to an extension. Paths can be information, Menu or Transfer points. I usually disable the Genral Delivery mailbox and give the. receptionist their own mailbox. Hope it helps

you cannot disable the general delivery mailbox on the startalk mini.

OP Offline
helps a little, but I am still not seeing how to do:

press 1 for sales --> Now press 1 for Joe, press 2 for Tim.

I can have XFer to Ext or to mailbox, or have an InfoBox, But I can't seem to get a second tree.

So basically my hands are tied?
By the way, I don't know the software version , but, it won't accetpt 04 as a valid year when setting up date and time so it is rather old.
Thanks
Bill

TouchPoint Networks.

I'm not so sure that you are not confusing "Trees" with "Paths".I don't have many customers who have multiple trees.If you are trying to build another path, simply enter the next path # when prompted.To check the version, log into F983 and press 9. Let me know if this is what you're trying to do
Thanks

OP Offline
ok Auto Attendant 101.

When the AA answers you get a list of options.
this list is a tree? Each option within that tree is a path. a path can then be Xfer to Phone, Xfer to MB or Xfer to INfo box. What I want to know is can a path also be a tree??

And if a train leaves L.A. at 7:00 A.M. going north at 70mph and a train leaves S.F. at 8 a.m. going 80 mph.... [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I think we are talking the same just using different vernacular.

TouchPoint Networks.

The answer is no a path cannot be a tree. And with my luck lately, I would be stuck on on the rain tracks at the point both trains met.

OP Offline
Thanks alot, I was scared I was being stupid, but I guess I was only chasing my tail.

TouchPoint Networks.

How does one disable the Gen Del Box?
And is it possible that some random calls may still end up in i, being the system "safety net"?

I ususally give it to the recetion and make them aware that it's the only box that doesn't match it's extension.

------------------
Punch down all your damn pairs!..........please.

Punch down all your damn pairs!..........(please).
When you log into F983, press 6. It gives you the option for Genral Delivery Y or N. IF it is disabled, it is completely gone.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024