web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Ok...new employee comes into the office and he sets up his voice mail, puts it on forward at the end of the day. Cool... then

BAM..I come into the office the next a.m. and when new external phone calls come in, they hear his voice mail message immediately. I need to know how to take his phone out of being a control phone. (at least I think that is what it is called). I have the manual but I've been reading for at least 3 hours and no luck. HELP [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Sandi

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
What did he call forward it to?? Take off the call forward and see what happens. Did he go into system programming or VM system programming at any time? Just setting up an already existing VM box, should not have done anything like that. Did he add that VM box? Do you have the AA answering during the day & night? Does his phone ring on outside lines during the day?? What is his number of rings set for CFNA? If his phone rings on outside lines and the CFNA is set for 1--then his VM will answer. What extension (or port) is his extension? Is it a default attendant extension --21 or 221? If you can't figure out a solution, you might delete the mailbox--see what happens---then start over again. Obviously something was done--but don't know what it is--you may have to call your vendor in to check programming.

If the phone that is being forwarded has a ringing line appearence, their call forward no answer has to be set at a greater ring count than the Auto Attendant. (Exanple: AA is set to answer at 3 rings, the users CF no answer needs to be at least 4. Or you can just change the lines to appear and NOT ring on that set

OP Offline
He had his phone set up to forward his calls to his cell phone when the customer leaves a message in his voice mail box. Forward 35 is what shows up on the display. I went into administration yesterday and added a new mail box for him. He then went into the mail box and set up his personal greeting.
I do have the AA answering with my voice after hours but his phone when forwarded seems to have done an override. Now when I try and set the phones up for the AA just to test to see if my normal after hours greeting comes on..nothing happens..the phone just rings. I think I understand what you are saying when you ask if his phone rings on outside lines during the day...I think that is the problem. My phone system was purchase in 1996 and the vendor is no longer in business. How do I locate a vendor that will come in to help with programming?

OP Offline
Exactly how would I change the lines to appear and NOT ring on that set. I think that is the first solution.

"Forward 35 is what shows up on the display." --is 35 a VM extension? For a Startalk or mini-startalk or Flash Startalk?? First--take off the Call FWD from his phone---see if everything works normal then. If it doesn't, then there is a problem with the rings (as clanier mentions) Have you ever been into Configuration programming --or have you just programmed using the Admin program? What kind of system (824, 616, cics, etc.)? What extension is the phone that you're having problems with? I would think that in a city of your size, you would have at least one NT dealer & maybe several other places that can program NT systems. Call around. I'm sure someone here on the board can walk you through it if you have two phones together--but try a local tech first. Keep us informed.

OP Offline
I called a technicial and someone should be out in a day or so. Thanks so much for your help [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Have A Great Day!!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,445 Shoretel
188,299 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (pvj, Keyset6), 186 guests, and 157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024