web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I know ATT's res. voip service is "powered by" IDSN, bascially the customers numbers are built as DID's riding a large trunk group built on PRI's. How they get to those trunks, no idea, I don't get to see it until it gets to my switch, but it does get to my switch. we also provide local servce to csr's via local PRI's which are then sent threw a router and gateway into VOIP land, but I guess this is the point where the VOIP interfaces with the switched network. I was looking at this with the wrong view point. voip to voip sure no ISDN but if you ever want to talk to someone off of a Voip network you are going to eventually hit a switched network..well at least for now...Either way it just means one thing....I have a lot more to learn :confused:

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Mike: Just before I retired, about 5 years ago, I was part of a test group that tested switched access over IP. What this was to do, eventually, was replace the switch to switch trunking and go edge switch to edge switch via IP. I don't know where all this ended up, but the idea was IP was a whole lot cheaper than switches. Probably 3 or 4 years before I retired they were going to do a massive upgrade on the 4E's and called it off because of the upcoming IP technology. So maybe you or Anthony knows what ever became of that, I really never heard. I do know AT&T was bought by SBC because of it's long haul network (I'm not talking just voice). I'd be interested in how the IP is coming, as I understood it was just around the corner when I was in the test group.

Retired phone dude
From an engineering view justbill . I use IP Trunking all the time . My retirement goal is 7.5 years . Like that is going to happen ! Dog has now made friends with one FU Rabbit from druggie neighbor ! I will take a pic and post . I tried to pic Dog & Duck , Duck won't stand still . The writing on the digital camera booklet is so small even my 10x can't enlarge enough ! eek

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Bill everything is still on 4e's on the LD side, I have not heard much about them going to ip, but I deal with the local end of things which are 5e and dms. I will give a few core guys a call and try to find out. I am not sure about the sbc end of things nothing has really been merged yet

Thanks Anthony, there were and probably still are a lot of Nodal, SDN and ISDN services that terminated in the 4E's, as well as LD switching.

Retired phone dude
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Verizon New England decommed its final 2 4E tandem switches in Massachusetts a several years ago (One was located in Cambridge Mass and the other in Brockton Mass).

I asked one of our Verizon reps why the switches were being shut down and I remember being told that Lucent Technologies had obsoleted the 4E. As a result Verizon was migrating traffic over to new 5E and DMS 250 switches.

Techs at our New York City site had said that Verizon New York had several 4Es in New York City.

Don't know if that is still the case today. :shrug:

I Love FEATURE 00
on the lcoal side a majortiy is running off 5ess switchs and dms switch, their are a few 4ess around, but not many

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I remember that the 4E could not support ESF/B8ZS.
All carriers had to be SF/AMI.

I Love FEATURE 00
Nope not true, they could be either.

Retired phone dude
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
That's odd.

Every time we ordered additional FG-D carriers to either of those 4E switches, we had to order them as SF/AMI because Verizon told us that they could not give us ESF/B8ZS. :shrug:

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,324 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024