web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
AdL Offline OP
OP Offline
Does any one know how to forward every call coming into a M2250 to either an external line or an internal extension?

Ive looked at the online manual but donr seem to be able to follow the steps correctly.

I assume its a simple process?

Thanks

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I have never seen anything about forwarding calls on a console. The only options I have seen are four Night Transfer extensions on a time of day schedule, programmable in the customer data block. You could use this to set different destinations for during and after business hours, and activate it by putting the console into night transfer.

If the forwarding destination needs to be more flexible, you might try setting up a regular phone with one of the night transfer DNs as the prime DN, and manually forwarding that phone.

------------------
Together We Prosper

Put it into night service and assign an internal extension as the answer point for night service.

AdL Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok thanks.

Now im having some difficulties putting it into night service. I am pressing a lpk key, then shift, then the sun/moon key and then dialing the extension for calls to be forwarded too.

Now i understand the next step is too press # but this does not appear to do anything, and the phone is now just making a constant beep noise.

Does anyone have an idea where I am going wrong?

Admin
Admin
Night service just involves pushing the sun moon button once unless you have multiple consoles. Don't hit the loop hit.

[Linked Image]
AdL Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok right i have got that far, so the screen is displaying "night" but I dont seem to be able to set an extension for it to forward too.

Sorry if I seem a bit dumb, I have had no experience or traing with any sort of phone system before and am only filling in for a short time.

Thanks again...

Admin
Admin
Check the entry for nite in CDB. LD 21. You can modify it in LD 15. When the console is in nite service the system will route trunk ringing based on the nite entry. Some older software only allowed for 1 call at a time if you were routing to a single line set or single DN. A work around is to build an ACD number with no members and put the night set DN under the nite program of the ACD effectively routing any ACD call to that set as no agents are logged in.

[Linked Image]
AdL Offline OP
OP Offline
Pardon my ignorance but that post went totaly over my head. Im going to dig the manual out again now, but if you have time would you be able to explain that in laymans terms?

Thanks

Admin
Admin
If you are only filling in for a short time then this may well be beyond what you are capable of doing without training. Do you have any programming experience on this system? As it is not GUI driven you might be better off having your local switch vendor either show up on site and reprogram or have someone remotely administer. This is not a slam towards you but most Option series PBXs have around 25-35 manuals for programming and maintenance. What you are asking is pretty programming intense for the inexperienced.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024