web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#123501 05/11/05 12:25 AM
Popolou Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey all,

I could do with some of your good advice guys. We have recently had a StarTalk 180 installed and i have finished configuring it for our organisation using both AA and Voicemail (VM) functions. However, an issue we are having is causing a lot of headaches.

When i enabled the "Call forward no answer" and "call forward when busy" to the VM, those extensions with appear&ring enabled will forward external routed calls to their VM even if other appear&ring ext's are available.

As i understand this, Hunt groups should then be configured so that even if an ext is unavailable, the remainder within the group ring. However, despite what i believe is version MICS 4.1, i have not been able, to date, to find any reference to Hunt Groups in programming!

The 0x32 KSU is 30nDI15 DR6 which i believe is with MICS 4.1 Issue 8.15. From what references i have found (https://www.tek-tips.com/faq.cfm?pid=799) it seems that this feature should be enabled, at least since MICS 4.0.

What's really going on? Where is it and how do i enable "Hunt Groups"?

Many thank for any assistance.

Regards

Popolou

[This message has been edited by Popolou (edited May 11, 2005).]

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#123502 05/11/05 02:49 AM
forget about the hunt group,
to start you will need to turn off call foward on busy at each extension.
next thing you will need to do is see how many rings is set on the voicemail.
next is see how many rings are set for the foward no answer on each set.
the voicemail must have a shorter ring down then the extensions. answer no answer set to 4. voicemail ring set to 3

#123503 05/11/05 04:03 AM
Popolou Offline OP
OP Offline
David,

Many thanks for the reply.

I am not too sure i fully undertand what you say will work in my scenario. You see, we have approx 8 ext's open to 12 outside lines. If forward on no answer/busy is enabled and a single extension is busy (say) then all calls will get diverted to that individual's mailbox.

The same situation arises when one of these ext's has its' calls forwarded to VM. All external calls go to VM directly, despite free and available ext's within the same dept.

I suspect this is Group Hunting right? Create a hunt group of these ext's and even if a single ext is busy, the remainder will still operate.

Is this not so?

Regards

Popolou

[This message has been edited by Popolou (edited May 11, 2005).]

#123504 05/11/05 03:26 PM
It’s an annoyance with the norstar system.
I don't know why they never fixed this issue.
you are correct, if sets have appear and ring to main lines and you forward it to v.m., forward no answer or forward on busy it follows the sets not the voice mail/lines.
I don't think setting up a hunt group will help the situation.

#123505 05/11/05 10:25 PM
Popolou Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks David.

I would be very much interested for any other views and solutions to the problem, if out there!

Thanks again,

Regards

Alex

#123506 05/11/05 11:33 PM
JJ Offline
Setup a extension that does not have voicemail on it. Say breakroom or phone in phoneroom. Program it to appear and ring. Make all outher sets appear only and give them a ringing Answer DN for the extension that rings. That way all the phones will ring.

You can use the operator extension and give her a night key to make voicemail answer calls right away. The operators voicemail defaults as the general mailbox.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024