web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#124229 07/19/05 03:54 PM
OP Offline
Hello, I replaced a hub with a new Netgear Managed Switch and I can no longer connect to my BCM through HTTP. I am maybe thinking that it is the VLAN configuration on the switch. Currently it is defualt as port vlan 1-24 ports, it also has the option for IEEE802.1Q Tag Vlan. The Switch is a Netgear Prosafe 24port Switch Model # GS724T.
If anyone can please give me any advice I would much appericate it.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I haven't used that particular switch. But, typically, a new switch with a default config has ALL ports configured as members of vlan 1. That being the case, communication with the BCM should work exactly like it did on the hub. Try to communicate with another pc plugged into the BCM's port. It might just be a bad switch.

Good Luck!

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
OP Offline
Well I talked to the people who put the BCM in before I started working there, and they said it was the VLAN configuration because it is the BCM 200 model. ( I'm not sure) We have 4 BCM's in different parts of the state and they communicate between each other through the T1 Lines and the internal network uses say 10.1.1.1 and 255.255.0.0 and the bcm uses say 192.168.210.254 255.255.255.0 . I just want to be sure that that has nonthing to do with the VLAN and the trouble with the network.

If you simply replaced a "hub" with a switch, you won't have a vlan issue , because "hubs" don't look far enough into the packet to be aware of vlans.

If your addressing is as you describe, then you are dealing with multiple subnets (which are usually put into their own vlans). To move traffic between subnets (or vlans) you need a router or layer three switch.

This is NOT a BCM problem, unless the BCM is your router. This is a network issue.

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (JBean3329, mongo5150, Curlycord), 101 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024