web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Ok my cust. has a MICS with 6.1xc installed and is running on a PRI. Past few days they have gone down with no in/outbound calling. I find that the only remedy on my end is to disable the DTI card and Enable it.

I have had to do this twice in the past 4 days. Telco has been out and I had them pull the NIU/PM log but they say they have found nothing.

Whats also weird is the days the circuit dropped SBC and AT&T had techs out fixing other things. Today we noticed a SBC tech working at the B-box in the street.

Let me know your comments on this.

MO

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
What does the event log have? If you're running an external CSU check that log..

Hi Sydeshow MO,

It would be worthwhile to check the logs in the MICS too, they are actually pretty good (sometimes).

The other thing I like to do, when troubleshooting a PRI, is turn on detailed messages. When a call is disconnected from the far end, the release reason coming across the D channel will appear on the set display. On a "good" call, it will say "Normal Clearing".

I just had a similar problem (although the PRI was recovering on its own). It turned out to be bad wiring in the CO. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Good Luck!

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,010 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (James D., Toner), 202 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024