Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#124718 08/24/05 03:17 AM
OP Offline
I just got back from a docs office that has what appears to be a MICS with 2 amp plugs coming out and a startalk mini.....

I would imagine its setup for at least 8x32...

THey want to expand the system to handle the 8 phones I need to add on......even if they have the additional ports they still want to expand the system.........

Fire away with your suggestions......

Thankx.......Mitch

What is involved with the Startalk Mini in terms of programming the new phones and I would imagine the MICS has a copy feature that I could just copy the line appearance to the additonal phones....

BTW...they also want to add 8 button phones...

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

The MICS has 3 AMP vertically, the only system that has 2 either 824 or CICS .In the 824 the AMP is vertical but on the CICS its side by side. The 824 has all 8 lines and 24 extension built in so it will depends what he currently has and then you will figure out what he will need. In regard to the CICS it usually comes 4/16 and you can expand it to 824 if the s/w permits you. So my opinion you should figure out what you have and we take it from there. Good luck

OP Offline
Sam....Just looking around..its the 824...the cabinet has like a split to it......

From what I read...it can only handle 8 lines but expand up to 120 phones.......Am I correct...

How have you been...havent heard from you in a few years...I am back in NJ..

Welcome back to the Garden state.....I was away for a while but glad to hear that people still remember me.

Yes that’s the 824 it has built in 824 but you can expand that by adding more lines or station by adding an expansion modules thru an expansion card 2port or 6 port copper expansion cards, and the line module comes in increment of 12 and the station in 16 ports. Keep in mind if you have the star talk mini its limited to only 24 mailboxes so maybe you will need to replace that .I hope that helps.

OP Offline
Somehow I am getting the feeling that by the time I add up the 8 phones they need and expansion modules and NOW tell them about the VM...they should give some consideration to upgrading to a bigger Nortel.....

What are your feelings?????

8 x 24 expansion equipment is really in expensive now. You would need a 2 port copper expander and then you could add a copper 0 x 16. That would give you 8 co's and 40 locals. You could still add a copper 12 x 0 if you required more co's. If you need more than 22 mailboxes then you would need to upgrade the mini. Lots of flash 4's kicking around for cheap.

OP Offline
Do I need a laptop or any software for the Flash's...

So far I have been doing my homework and have come up withthis:

1 I will need 6 or 8 8 or 10 button phones
2. I will need the 2 or 6 port expansion card
3. And of course the modules..
4. And VM..

Anything special to know about when I add all that Hardware...When I power down to plug everything in will I looze all the programming...And what program is involved in the system seeing the extra hardware...

I have the DR5 programming book, I understand some of the terms...But I also like the installer Tidbits from you guys...

Keep me informed and I will send ya a couple of Cigars...

Something else to consider.
If the customer needs to upgrade to a MICS, Nortel says that the new 7.0 software is only compatible with Call Pilot 3.0 software. In their compatability matrix, the 7.0 isn't compatable with older Call Pilot or Startalk VMs.

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E 5.5 CallPilot 5.0
MITEL 5000 3300 NuPoint

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith"
Albert Einstein
OP Offline
just looking at my manual library...I have the 3x8 DR5 and 616 DR5 manuals is this the same as the 824???

Beleieve you and me...if the customer NOW has to start giving some consideration to upgrading VM...I would love to upgrade the whole shibang...

Right NOW Im am gathering info and Prices, cause I also have to quaote on 15 Data cables, 8 voice cable and a fiber run between 3 floors...

Cant looze the customer, they are a local memeber of the chamber of commerce...AND DONT HAVE A VENDOR...

Mitch,
Drop me a line if you have any questions. I just went to a site on Monday that had a 824 with DR2 software. We quoted them 1. new software and a Startalk 2 port. 2. Refurb MICS with 6.1 software and the same Startalk voicemail. 3. A new TDA50 with 6 new phones. Panasonic was around $1000 higher then the MICS bid but all new equipment with 24 button LCD phones. Haven't heard back yet.
The Startalk voicemails are programed from any line display phone M7310, M7324, ect.
I personaly don't care much for the 8 line phones. I think for the price difference you can get the 7310 with 10+12 buttons. Just my 2c worth.

Steph

Do the job right the first time.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 156 guests, and 292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024