Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#125085 09/21/05 12:50 AM
wmthoma Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a MICS with 2 PRI T-1's and 2 COMBO cards. Software is 6.0 XC. System has been working fine for over a year.
All of a sudden when users show up in the morning they cannot call out. However they can recieve calls ok. System reset clears up all issues. The only alarms I see in the system are slips. When I look at trunks in mtce thay show busy.Telco has tested several times, but no luck.
Any ideas??

bt
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#125086 09/21/05 04:47 AM
Check that your NVRAM cartridge is a Release 2, there was a problem with the release 1 NVRAM's. That's the 1st thing to check.

#125087 09/21/05 04:48 AM
Admin
Admin
I don't think you should have 2 combo cards installed. There should only be one in the right slot.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
#125088 09/21/05 08:13 AM
Had a similar problem a few years ago. Customer has ISDN PRI and calls had to come in to the system before lines would release at the distant end. Checked Maintenance/Link status and all B channels indicated far end out of service. Had the provider check the provisioning on the trunk group at their end (as Norstar doesn't have a whole lot of options). They were coming off a 5E and had set a parameter in the trunk group that was looking for a handshake or keep alive signal from the Norstar. I finally convinced them that we could not set any thing up to provide this and they changed their parameter to NO so it did not expect this and every thing has been fine ever since. Please note that it took almost 6 weeks of testing and finger pointing before they were willing to make this change.

What we did in the mean time was every morning I would call in to the customer location to free up the channels so that they could make outbound calls.

Check with your provider to see if they made any changes to your trunk group or if they have done any upgrades to their switch.

Also it shouldn't make any difference if you have 2 COMBO cards. A little overkill but it wont hurt anything.

Barb

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024